Steak and Pasta are quick and easy for weeknight cooking. Garlic Steak & Lemon Pasta is a deliciously simple dish that is full of flavor and ready in under 30 minutes! The silky lemon cream sauce comes together so simply and the pairs perfectly with the bold flavors of garlic and pepper on the steak.
Pasta is made for fast weeknight meals. They are the perfect vessel for sauces, meats, and veggies. You can really through together whatever you have in the fridge and almost always come out with something great. You can also do lots of different styles of cooking – that’s why I love pasta so much!
You want to make sure you sauce the pasta and add some on top of the steak. The sauce is what brings it all together and you want to be sure that everyone gets enough of it. You could also make this sauce with shrimp or chicken instead of the steak, if you wanted to.
This dish probably needs a side salad or some garlic bread to go with it. You could also do some roasted broccoli or zucchini (put on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, garlic, salt and pepper and bake at 400deg for 20 minutes).
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Garlic Steak & Lemon Pasta
- 1½ lb Long Pasta fussili, linguini, spaghetti
For the Steak Bites
- 1½ lb Sirloin cubed
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
For the Lemon Cream Sauce
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Lemon zest & juice
- Preapare all of the ingredients. Start water boiling for pasta
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, whisk in flour. Cook for 3 minutes then whisk in wine. Cook for 3 minutes then whisk in heavy cream. Cook for 3 minutes then add lemon juice and zest. Reduce heat medium-low and keep warm will pasta and steak cooks.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add oil, and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes then add steak and seasonings. Cook for 5-10 minutes (depending on desired level of doneness.)
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook as directed on the package. Drain in collander and rinse with cool water.
- In a shallow bowl, add portion of pasta. Top with portion of steak and ladle cream sauce over top.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!