Put a new spin on #TacoNight with these fully loaded layered up crispy chicken tacos. Chicken Bacon Ranch is a classic flavor profile that people of all ages absolutely love. You can totally turn it into almost any type of meal – burger, pizza, quesadillas, and you got it – TACOS! My recipe for Chicken Bacon Ranch Tacos is going to be one that the family will be asking for over and over.
I have included my recipe for hand breaded chicken tenders as well as homemade ranch. If you are pressed for time or just don’t want to take the extra step, you could always use freezer chicken tenders (prepare as directed on package). You can also choose to use your favorite brand of ranch dressing instead of the homemade version I added below the taco recipe.
Should you decide that you are going to make the tenders yourself, you will need a few key pieces of kitchen equipment. You need a wide flat saute pan – like this 12inch Ninja Saute Pan. You will also need a baking sheet with rack to let the chicken rest on after frying. If you are using premade chicken in the oven, you can also use the baking sheet with rack to help the chicken get crispy all the way around.
These tacos are incredibly filling. Most would only need two, maybe three, tacos for a full meal. If you need them to go farther or just want something on the side, you could go a few different directions. You could go with a french fry or tater tot. You could do some chips like cool ranch tortilla chips. There is also always the slightly more healthy route with a green salad.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Tacos
- 15 Flour Tortillas fajita sized
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 cups Iceberg Lettuce shredded
- 2 cups Ranch Dressing see recipe below
- 1 cup Crispy Fried Onions
- ½ lb Bacon cut into ½-inch pieces
For the Chicken
- 2 lbs Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 4 cups Flour
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Cooking Oil to make 1 inch deep in pan
- Add chicken tenders and buttermilk in a bowl and let rest (at least 30 minutes, up to 8 hours) in refrigerator.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove to paper towel covered plate. Reserve all grease in the pan.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add enough oil to the bacon grease to be one inch deep. Once hot (around 350degF), begin frying chicken. Remove each piece of chicken from buttermilk and put right into flour mixture. Fully coat with flour and place right into hot oil. Cook for 4 minutes on each side and remove to a baking rack over a paper towel covered baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken tenderloins.
- Once all chicken is cooked and slightly cooled, cut each tenderloin into 3-4 pieces (about 1-inch chunks). Start to build the tacos with a sprinkle of lettuce, and cheese. Tops with 4-6 pieces of chicken then drizzle with ranch dressing. Then sprinkle with cooked bacon and crispy fried onions.
- 1 cup Sour Cream or plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chives chopped
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Dill
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and store in refrigerator until ready to serve – up to 1 week.
I love to link up my posts to lots of blogs around the internet – check out this Ultimate Handy Linky Party List to find some of the places I share to!
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
9 thoughts on “Chicken Bacon Ranch Tacos”
Estelle, those sure look like some tasty tacos! Never had bacon on a taco, but I’m always willing to try a new way to use bacon!
Look good! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 109. Shared.
These look so tasty, I would love to try 🙂
These look amazing! I love anything with chicken and bacon together, especially crispy chicken! I need to give these a try! #SSPS Sim x
I could make these with grilled chicken, sounds yummy! Thank you for sharing Estelle.
These would be such a wonderful and delicious change from traditional tacos. Pinned of course and this post will be a feature this week. Thanks for sharing the recipe. #HomeMattersParty
You had me at taco’s. Geeez now I’m hungry. These looks fantastic.