Burger night getting a little redundant? Take your cheeseburger game to the next level with these Cheeseburger Flauntas. Cheese, bacon and caramelized onions all rolled up into a flour tortilla that is baked for a crispy bite. This recipe is a perfect for a weeknight family dinner. It’s a quick preparation, the whole family will enjoy it and, you know, it’s just fun!
You want to make sure that you get the bacon good and crispy. It is going to soften up a little while these are baking, so you want to make sure that the bacon doesn’t get totally limp. And you are absolutely going to want to cook the onions in the bacon grease. It gives them that extra layer of flavor to carry it all through the whole flaunta. I used shredded cheddar, but you could make these with your favorite type of cheese to use on a cheeseburger – even American cheese.
As I mentioned in the note at the start of the recipe that an air fryer would be best for making these. I know not everyone has an air fryer and further to the point, unless you have an oven range with an air fryer setting, you would likely have to make these in about 6 batches. Which wouldn’t exactly work if you are trying to feed a whole family hot food at the same time. By using a baking rack on a baking sheet, you can get a similar effect of crispiness. The baking rack allows the hot air to cook all sides of the tortillas.
You will definitely want a great dipping sauce for these flauntas. And my Homamade Fry Sauce is just perfect. This simple sauce is going to be exactly what you want to bring the flavors of a cheeseburger all together. To further the burger experience, you can serve these up with some fries – I would suggest a seasoned fry to go with.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
- 18 Burrito Sized Flour Tortillas
- ½ lb Bacon cut in ½-inch pieces
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 Medium White Onion diced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1½ lb Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 cups Cheddar shredded
- Cooking Spray
- Note: If you have an Air Fryer, these are come out crispier. 15 minutes at 400degF, make in batches.
- Preheat oven to 425degF
- In a frying pan over medium high heat, add bacon. Cook until crispy and remove to a paper towel covered plate. Do not discard grease. Reduce heat to medium low and add butter.
- In a separate pan over medium high heat, add ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Cook and crumble until no longer pink. Set aside until ready to make flauntas.
- Once butter in melted in bacon grease, add onions and worcestershire sauce. Let saute while ground beef is cooking, stirring occasionally.
- Lay out a tortilla on a flat surface. Sprinkle with a portion of cheese, then add ground beef, bacon bits and onions down center of tortilla. (Should only be about 1½ in diameter when rolled up). Fold lower flap of tortilla over mound of ingredients, then roll up from the bottom. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Line flauntas out on baking rack on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray generously with cook oil. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
I love to link up my posts to lots of blogs around the internet – check out this Ultimate Handy Linky Party List to find some of the places I share to!
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
4 thoughts on “Cheeseburger Flauntas”
looks great. I’ve found that substituting tortillas for all sorts of breads and rolls has really helped keep dinner interesting #happynow
This is a winner Estelle! I can use gluten free tortillas and I know my husband will love it.