You know I love a simple and flavorful sheet pan dinner. One of my favorite ways to make no muss potatoes is to incorporate into a sheet pan meal. This recipe for Italian Sausage & Potatoes is a super simple weeknight meal that is both budget and time friendly.
I can not stress it enough the importance of using parchment paper for your sheet pan meals. I choose it over aluminum foil because you do not have to add extra oil or butter to make sure it doesn’t stick, and you never end up with bits of foil stuck to your food with parchment. But ultimately it is about the ease of clean up. Once you have served up the meal, all you have to do is fold the paper over on itself and toss it in the garbage bin. Done and done.
If you wanted an extra kick, you could use a hot Italian sausage link. If you wanted to play a little dinner time roulette, you could go half hot and half sweet, and just see what you get with each bite. The important point is to use the full sized sausage links and that they are not pre-cooked. You want the fats from the sausage to drip down into the potato and pepper mixture while it’s cooking.
I would definitely suggest having a classic Caesar Salad and some garlic bread on the side with this dish. It will just be a nicely rounded out meal. This sheet pan would also make a great meal prep option, as it keeps as leftovers to reheat so well.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Italian Sausage & Potatoes
- 2 Large (Half Sheet) Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- 3 lb Russet Potatoes peeled and diced (1/2 inch pieces)
- 10 Italian Sausage Links
- 1 Red Bell Pepper halved and sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper halved and sliced
- ½ White Onion minced
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning see recipe below
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375degF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, bell peppers, onion, oil, and seasoning. Toss to evenly coat.
- Divide mixture between two parchment paper covered baking sheets. Lay out five sausages on each tray. Place in oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove sheets from oven and sprinkle each tray with one cup of cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes more (until cheese is melty). Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Custom Instacart Link for this Recipe
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
3 thoughts on “Italian Sausage & Potatoes”
Looks great! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner Party – hope your week is awesome!
Yum! This look so good. I’ll have to make it this coming week when my son is home. I have some potatoes that I need to use up.
Thank you for the tip on parchment paper, I have been wanting to try a sheet pan dinner for a while now. Maybe I will try this one. Thank you for sharing.