Sheet Pan dinners and weeknight meals go hand in hand! They are quick to put together, quick to cook and quick to clean up – all the things you need on a busy evening. I usually try to make mine with a meat, a starch, and a veggie. Then I bring it all together with some seasonings. I followed this formula to a T with my Kielbasa & Potato Sheet Pan Dinner recipe. The interesting flavor in this dish is the chives. I love the unique flavor they bring to meal.
I opted to use dried chives over fresh because fresh are more likely to burn too fast when cook along with the potatoes. With the moisture already removed, they more just release their flavor. I also used dried minced onions because I love the flavor of them when they rehydrate in a dish like this. It is such a powerful punch. Both dried chives and minced onions are also a time saver – as its just a shake-shake, instead of chop-chop-chop!
When it comes to kielbasa sausage, I prefer an all beef kielbasa. However, you are welcome to use your own favorite kind – I have seen chicken, pork or turkey. The name kielbasa refers more to the way the sausage is made and seasoned then the type of meat that is used. If you cannot find Kielbasa, you could also swap it out for a smoked sausage, as long as it’s in a link and not ground. The ground meat would need to be cooked separately and probably take longer.
This hearty meat and potatoes doesn’t really need an additional side dish, since it has the green beans cooked in there too. But you could certainly do a simple green salad or a nice dinner roll on the side.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Kielbasa & Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
- 3 lb Baby Potatoes halved
- 1½ lb Fresh Green Beans cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 lb Kielbasa Sausage cut in half lengthwise then 1 in pieces
- 1 cup Butter melted
- 6 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Minced Onions
- 1 tbsp Dried Chives
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Colby Jack Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degF.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic, onions, chives, salt and pepper. In a larger bowl, combine potatoes and green beans. Pour butter mixture over top and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour potato mixture on to baking sheet and spread out to make an evenly covered layer. Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add kielbasa evenly around sheet. Return to oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with cheese. Let rest until cheese is melted before serving.
Estelle Forrest’s self-published first cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight: A Family Cookbook – was created after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Estelle self-published a second cookbook – Burgers on a Weeknight – recently. It has over 60 delicious burger creations! You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!