A quick and hearty sheet pan dinner full of chicken, ham, potatoes, broccoli and covered in cheese – Broccoli Cheese & Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner belongs on your next menu plan! The flavor combination of this dish is going to knock your socks off. You get all the goodness of a classic baked chicken with a cheesy broccoli and potato veg side and why not through in some ham for smokiness. That is the great thing about sheet pan meals, you can add in different things to create new dishes.
This one is a two stage cook because the potatoes and chicken take a little longer to cook than the broccoli and ham. So I like to give the potatoes that extra bit of time to get tender. Since it is bone-in chicken, I always want to make sure it gets cooked through. When I add the broccoli and ham, I try to just fill in the spaces around the pieces of chicken, but put it right on top of the potatoes. And then be really even with cheese. You don’t want it to clump because for this dish we are going to a golden crispy cheese to add texture.
As with most sheet pan meals, there is room for adjustments. You could swap the ham for cooked bacon pieces. Or use cauliflower in place of the broccoli, or even green beans. You could also do carrots, but I would add those at the beginning. But I will say that the combination I used in this recipe is a very good one, and you might want to give it a go as is before switching it up. Another tip – definitely use the parchment paper and clean-up will be a breeze!
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Broccoli Cheese & Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 lb Baby Golden Potatoes halved
- 2 lb Broccoli Florets
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Cooking Spray
- 8 oz Ham Steak cut in ½-inch pieces
- 2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
For the Chicken
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 8 Chicken Thigh bone-in, skinless
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400degF.
- Combine seasonings for chicken and sprinkle evenly over each piece. Add oil to saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, cook each piece of chicken for 5 minutes on each side.
- Spread evenly potatoes over parchment paper covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and spray with cooking spray. Add pieces of chicken in a single layer over potatoes. Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and evenly add broccoli and ham to pan. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 20 minutes more.
- Serve a portion of potatoes and broccoli with one or two pieces of chicken.
Estelle Forrest’s self-published first cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight: A Family Cookbook – was created after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Estelle self-published a second cookbook – Burgers on a Weeknight – recently. It has over 60 delicious burger creations! You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!