The delicious flavors of Greek food are so simple yet so powerful. And they are perfect for a sheet pan meal. Sheet pan meals are so good for weeknight meals – very little clean-up and the whole “set it and forget it” lets you get other things done. This combo of chicken, potatoes, tomatoes and green beans is going to be a win at your house. And the feta covered pita bread is so great! Greek Sheet Pan Chicken is a quick and easy dinner.
I always put parchment paper down on the sheet pan before piling on the food It makes clean up a breeze not to mention it limits the bottom burning. I get the big rolls from costco because it is wide enough for my larger baking sheets. My kids love it because it means they have a pretty easy time doing the after dinner dishes!
If you wanted to adjust the amounts of the green beans and tomatoes, you certainly could. Half my clan doesn’t care for large chunks of tomatoes, so I didn’t use as many as others might prefer. Just make sure you cut back on one of the other veggies, so that everything will still fit on the sheet pan.
The pita bread was so tasty. If you take some of the yogurt, spread it over a quarter piece and add on some veggies and a chunk of chicken – you can eat it sort of like a little taco. It’s really yummy. My hubby also suggested just doing chicken breasts on the sheet pan so I could chop it up and make actual pita pockets with this.
This really is an all in one meal – no real side dishes involved. If you needed to stretch the meal you could make a cucumber and tomato salad, perhaps. Though, I think this sheet pan dinner is plenty filling and very hearty. My family stopped just short of licking their plates clean (at least I think most of them did!)
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Greek Sheet Pan Chicken
- 8 Chicken Thighs bone-in, skin removed
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks skin removed
- 4 tbsp Avocado Oil divided
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- ½ Red Onion diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes peeled, cut in ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1 cup Fresh Green Beans halved
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp Oregano divided
- 2 cup Feta Cheese crumbled, divided
- 6 pieces Pita Bread cut in quarters
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt plain
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400deg.
- On a parchment paper covered sheet pan, arrange chicken pieces evenly spaced. Brush with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, green beans, onion, garlic, tomatoes, rosemary, half of oregano, thyme and 2 tablespoons of oil. Toss to evenly coat.
- Pour veggie mixture around chicken to make single layer. Sprinkle with half of cheese and place in oven for 45 minutes.
- In last ten minutes of baking, arrange pita on separate sheet pan. Drizzle with remaining oil, oregano and feta cheese. Place in oven to warm.
- Place 3-4 pieces of pita on one half plate. Then serve one drumstick and one thigh next to it. Add a helping of veggie mixture and top with dollop of yogurt.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!