Do you have a regular pizza night? Or do you celebrate #TacoTuesday every week? Why not celebrate both in one night with this delicious Fiesta Chicken Taco Pizza? Most taco pizza is usually a ground beef situation – but why can’t you have chicken on it instead? A warm crusty pizza crust loaded with beans, queso, cheese, chicken and then lettuce, tomato and sour cream – it doesn’t get much better than that!
The homemade queso is the real star of this pizza pie. Queso from scratch is so easy – it’s literally just cheese sauce (like for Mac & Cheese) with green chilis added. You could do jalapenos if you wanted to heighten the heat. You can also stack some jalapenos with the lettuce and tomatoes to achieve the same idea.
I have included my own Pizza Dough recipe at the bottom – but feel free to buy two store bought pizza dough recipes too. Just be sure to cook it for 10-15 minutes before building the pizza. The dough has to cook some before you add the toppings or it won’t cook all the way through.
If you are adverse to putting fresh lettuce and tomatoes to a warm pizza – I get it. Wilty lettuce is not a favorite of mine. You could also just serve it at the point of when it comes out of the oven, sans fresh items.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Fiesta Chicken Taco Pizza
- 2 Pizza Dough Recipes see below
- 1 Romaine Heart shredded
- 2 15oz can Refried Beans
- 3 Roma Tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped
- ½ cup Taco Sauce
For the Chicken
- 1½ lb Chicken Breast
- 1 qt Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
For the Queso
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 4oz can Green Chilies
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Prepare all of the ingredient. Preheat oven to 425deg.
- In a sauce pan over medium-high heat, add all ingredients for chicken and let boil for 15 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and chop into small pieces.
- In another sauce pan over medium heat, add butter, garlic powder and onion powder. Once melted whisk in flour to make roux. Cook 2 minutes then whisk in chicken broth. Cook 2 minutes then add heavy cream and green chilies. Cook 2 minutes then add cheese by handfuls until fully incorporated. Reduce heat to low.
- Lay one pizza dough out on a parchment paper covered pans (baked for 15 minutes). Spread one can of refried beans over top. Top with half of chicken then half of queso sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese and half of cilantro. Repeat with second pizza dough. Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with lettuce, and tomatoes. Serve each piece with a dollop of sour cream and drizzle of taco sauce.
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Yeast instant
- ⅓ cup Avocado Oil
- 1½ cup Warm Water
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil for bowl
- Prepare all of the ingredients
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Pour in water while stirring. Then add olive oil and continue to mix by hand. Mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Brush the insides of a second bowl with avocado oil and transfer ball of dough. Cover with towel or plastic wrap and let rise at least 1 hour. Dough should approximately double in size.
- Once risen, place dough on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Stretch and press it out until you cover the baking sheet with ¼ inch thick crust. Let sit another 15 minutes.
- Place in 400 deg oven for 15 minutes.
- Continue to pizza recipe directions.
- If making for focaccia – brush with oil and add desired seasoning. Then bake for 15 minutes in 425 deg oven.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!