Simple, flavorful, easy – my favorite kind of main dish! This one is totally about the marinade. And the longer you can leave it in the marinade the better. Best to put it in the juicy goodness before your start your work day so it can sit absorbing all day long! Then when you get home to make Lemon Garlic Grilled Pork Chops – most of the work is already done.
I like to use apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar because it just has a more pleasant flavor. Not mention that it is better for you! I always get the organic variety with “the mother” included. You could certainly use white vinegar if that’s your preference – or just what you have on hand. Just keep in mind it will have a little extra tang.
I served these pork chops up with Mashed Garlic Rutabagas – a totally #ketofriendly side dish that your family is going to love. You make them essentially the same way you make mashed potatoes – they just take a little longer to get fork tender. I also included some of my “Extra Corn Bread Muffins”. Using your favorite corn bread mix add one can of sweet corn (drained), 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp chili powder. Cook as directed on the package plus 5 minutes. Then I mix 4 tbsp of butter (softened) with 1 tablespoon of honey. Brush over each muffin when they first come out of the oven.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Lemon Garlic Pork Chops
- 8 Pork Chops boneless, thick-cut
For the Marinade
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Lemons zested and juiced
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Minced Onion dried
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Then add pork chops and toss to coat. Place in refrigerator for at least one hour (up to 12 hours).
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high, Once heated remove pork chops from marinade (reserving marinade) and cook for 10 minutes on one side. Flip chops, brush with remaining marinade and cook for 15 additional minutes.
- Remove from heat and let set at least 5 minutes before cutting or serving.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!