Today I want to share on of the recipes from the Home Cooking section of my cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight. Today my cooking has been in print for 2 whole months and I just have to celebrate it! I picked this recipe because it is one of the easiest – not to mention tastiest – recipes from the book – Cheddar Bacon Pork Chops!
Cheddar – yes please! Bacon – heck yes please! AND Pork Chops – my mouth is watering just typing this post up! The simplicity of this dish is what makes it so easy. It’s a simple combination of ingredients that comes together like a glorious singing chorus of deliciousness.
If you need some side dish ideas for these yummy Cheddar Bacon Pork Chops – you could always just do some roasted potatoes (but put them in the oven before you start preparing the pork chops since the potatoes take about 40 minutes). But if you want to get a little more exciting try one of these: Citrus & Herb Whipped Cauliflower, Spicy Potato Corn Salad or Lemon Dill Orzo Salad. The cookbook also has a whole collection of Side Dishes – so if you have don’t have a copy yet, maybe you should?
If you aren’t a big pork fan – I mean it is the Other White Meat still, right? You could totally make this recipe with some Chicken Breasts. You would just need to increase the pan cooking time to 8 minutes on each side and then increase the bake time to 20 minutes.
Cheddar Bacon Pork Chops
- 6 Pork Chops boneless
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 lb Bacon cut in ½-in pieces
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400 deg
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add bacon. Fry until crispy and remove to a paper towel covered plate. Remove all but 1 tbsp of bacon grease from the pan.
- After sprinkling the pork chops with the seasoning, add to the same saute pan and cook on each side for 5 minutes. Then place pork in 13×9 baking dish. Cover with shredded cheese, and bacon bits. Put in oven for 20 minutes.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!