Summer time calls for bright and light meals that can be made quickly and go well with anything on the BBQ. When I think bright and light, citrus flavors always come to mind first. And this is how I developed this Citrus & Herb Whipped Cauliflower.
I actually got the inspiration from one of our very favorite places to eat out – 10 Barrel Brewery. My husband had ordered a meal that came with Citrus Mashed Potatoes and he absolutely loved them. So I took a few bites in an effort to work out the flavor profile. Then I decided that I wanted to make it a little healthier by doing it with Cauliflower instead of potatoes and I think I totally nailed it with this one!
This side dish would go so good with this Caesar Salad Burger (full recipe)! You will get so much flavor and brightness with the zesty citrus of the cauliflower and the salty goodness of the Parmesan cheese in the burger.
The key to making great whipped cauliflower is using an immersion blender (this is the one I have). It really breaks the cauliflower down and mixes in the liquids well so that you get a smooth and creamy consistency – something you just can’t get by hand. You can also use a blender to get the same results, but you have to do it in smaller batches, which can make you lose your consistent flavor over the whole dish.
If you like this recipe and want to get more like it, you can purchase the Homemade on a Weeknight Cookbook in Paperback or Kindle (eBook) versions through Amazon.
Now let’s get cookin’!
Citrus & Herb Whipped Cauliflower
- Immersion Blender
- 2 heads Cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 Lemon zest & juice
- 1 Lime zest & juice
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- ⅔ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley chopped
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- In a large pot, bring enough water to boil to cover cauliflower. Once at a full rolling boil, add the cauliflower, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Drain in colander, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Using an immersion blender, begin to whip the cauliflower for 2-3 minutes (until larger chunks are gone). Then add in lemon zest, lime zest, butter, salt and pepper. Whip another 2-3 minutes to combine well. Then add in lemon juice, lime juice, and heavy cream. Whip until you reach a creamy consistency. Using a serving spoon, fold in parsley.
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
10 thoughts on “Citrus & Herb Whipped Cauliflower (video)”
This Citrus & Herb Whipped Cauliflower looks really delicious. My wife will love this.
So delicious! Love the addition of citrus. A lovely side dish.
How interesting – I would never have thought of citrus with cauliflour – I tend to just do roasted with garlic and tumeric…
Love these flavors!
My mouth is watering. I want to eat that!
Great recipe for all the cauliflower I have growing in my garden
Lucky! This would be so yummy with garden-fresh cauliflower!
Looks delicious. I love the addition of citrus.
Thus is brilliant!