Very excited to have been included with this collection of awesome recipes from the Creative K Kids Weekly Linkies in July! My recipe for Herb & Citrus Whipped Cauliflower was one of the favorite recipes last week (July 21st) over on the Tasty Tuesday weekly recipe link up hosted by Tammy from Creative K Kids , Audrey from That Recipe andLis a from Blogghetti. Thank you so much for creating a space for people to share their recipes and passion for cooking!
In case you missed the recipe – here it is! It is a simple and delicious side dish. And if you haven’t tried whipped cauliflower yet, you are missing out. It is an excellent alternative to mashed potatoes. And the citrus makes it light and bright.
Citrus & Herb Whipped Cauliflower
- Immersion Blender
- 2 heads Cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 Lemon zest & juice
- 1 Lime zest & juice
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- ⅔ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley chopped
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- In a large pot, bring enough water to boil to cover cauliflower. Once at a full rolling boil, add the cauliflower, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Drain in colander, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Using an immersion blender, begin to whip the cauliflower for 2-3 minutes (until larger chunks are gone). Then add in lemon zest, lime zest, butter, salt and pepper. Whip another 2-3 minutes to combine well. Then add in lemon juice, lime juice, and heavy cream. Whip until you reach a creamy consistency. Using a serving spoon, fold in parsley.