Burgers are a pretty popular meal in my house. But we don’t make your typical burgers very often. We like to vary the meats and toppings. Chicken, Turkey, and beef are always rotating. And then there is the constant experimentation of flavors and styles. That is how I landed on the Caesar Salad Burger.
Typically what I like to do is think of a food that we all love – maybe a style of food or a flavor profile – and figure out how to turn that into a burger. This one is no different. I started with grass-fed ground beef (we like to get it from a local farmer just outside of town) and combined the hallmark flavors of Caesar Salad – Parmesan cheese, black pepper and garlic. I like to mix my own patties because I think the handmade patties is just prettier – more appealing.
Then I mixed up some classic Caesar Salad – romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese, black pepper and Caesar Dressing. Top the burger with that once it’s grilled and put it all on a toasted Brioche Bun. to make the buns I put them all face up on a cookie sheet and brush them with melted butter mixed with parsley and garlic powder. Put that in the oven and toast it until golden brown.
I served it with homemade beer battered onion rings, but you could do sweet potato fries, corn salad, garlic Parmesan rice or any number of other sides. Check out the Side Dishes & Sauces Recipe Collection
If you like this recipe and want to get more like it, you can purchase the Homemade on a Weeknight Cookbook in Paperback or Kindle (eBook) versions through Amazon.
Now let’s get cookin’!
For the Burger
- 2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Egg beaten
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- 6 Brioce Hamburger Buns
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley
For the Salad
- 2 Romaine Hearts chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- ½ cup Caesar Dressing
- 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat Grill to 400deg. Preheat oven to 450deg
- In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients for the burgers (beef, Parmesan, egg, garlic, salt and pepper). Then shape into patties roughly 3½ inches wide by ¾ inch tall.
- Once the grill is heated up, put burgers on and cook for 8-10 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and let rest at least 5 minutes before building burgers.
- While the burgers are grilling, place buns, face up, on a cookie sheet. Combine melted butter, garlic powder and parsley and brush on to buns. Put in oven for 8 minutes (or until golden toasted)
- In a salad bowl, combine the ingredient for the salad and place in fridge until ready to build burgers.
- To build the burger, simple take bottom bun, top with burger, then some of the Caesar salad and the top bun. Enjoy!
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
11 thoughts on “Caesar Salad Burger”
This burger is absolutely delicious – a real hit with the family! Yum!
We made these burgers over the weekend and they were delicious!! thanks for the great idea!
What a great twist on a burger!
I love this twist on a classic burger! Great idea!
What a fun twist to a burger!!
Oh yum! I’ll never get tired of this burger and it has the perfect amount of sauce to the beef. Can’t wait to grill it this weekend.
This Caesar Salad Burger is making me super hungry! Looks so delicious!
Great burger recipe, it will add to out weekly burger night
Love this idea….so fun, and it’s a nice change from a regular burger.
Burgers are such a favorite in our house I am always trying new toppings. Hope you enjoy it!