We love lasagna at our house, but some time I like to try different flavor profiles to keep it interesting. Cheesesteak Lasagna turned out better than I could have imagined. The delicious combination of a cheese sauce, steak, bell peppers, onion and provolone cheese on top of that.
The family really loved this take on lasagna – and it was super filling. For myself, I just picked out the pasta to cut the carbs and let me tell you – the meat, peppers and cheese was delectable all on it’s own.
Ooey Gooey Cheesy goodness is the real treat when it comes to this dish. While you might not think of combining provolone with sharp white cheddar – you are gonna have to trust me on this one. The mild melty provolone and the tang of the sharp white cheddar come together like a match made in heaven!
I didn’t serve anything on the side with this one because it really is a hearty dish. You could serve it with a nice green salad or maybe some toasted garlic bread. But really you would only need to do that if you need to spread it further.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
- 1 lb Lasagna Noodles
- 18 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1½ lb Steak thin sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 White Onion
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Parsley
For the Cheese Sauce
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400deg.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add oil and garlic. After 2 minutes add onions, salt, pepper, and steak. Cook for 3 minutes then add peppers and cook another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add butter, garlic powder and paprika. Once melted whisk in flour. Cook for 2 minutes then whisk in chicken broth. Cook two minutes then whisk in heavy cream. Cook 2 minutes than add white cheddar cheese by the handful until fully incorporated. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 3 minutes.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, build the lasagna. Start with a thin layer of cheese sauce. Then a layer of lasagna noodles, ⅓ of the pepper and steak mix, ⅓ of cheese sauce and 6 slices of provolone. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with parsley and place in oven for 25 minutes.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
8 thoughts on “Cheesesteak Lasagna”
That looks amazing! I love to switch up our regular lasagnas for new takes on it as well.
Love lasagna, this one sounds good!! Thanks so much for linking up with me at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 21, open until February 26. Shared on social media.
That looks amazing. Thanks for linking up to Keep In Touch.
I love cheesesteak and I love lasagna so I completely sold on this recipe! It looks amazing. I pinned it to my meal planning board and will hopefully try this soon! Thanks for sharing and linking with me.
Any recipe that begins with the Word CHEESE is going to be a winner here!
This recipe sounds amazing. I often make Philly Cheese steak sandwiches. I am happy to feature this recipe on Sunday at Love Your Creativity.
Wow. That looks heavenly, I’d love to try this!