When I do my weekly meal planning I always struggle with the side dishes. Just like with my main dishes – I don’t like to repeat things too frequently. So I’m often trying different variations of things. When I stumbled on to the idea for Cheesy Cauliflower, I knew it was going to be a success. Who doesn’t love something covered in cheese?
The foil is the key to getting the cauliflower cooked but still al dente and the melted but not crisped. It builds up the steam inside the baking dish without having to add any water to make it soggy. It’s also important to really toss the cauliflower with oil and seasonings so that you get even flavor all over.
I recently served this with my Jalapeno Turkey Meatballs. But I have plans to serve it alongside my next burger creation and maybe some baked chicken! The flavor is so simple yet delicious that you could pair it with so many things. You could use different kinds of cheese to change it up a little, if you wanted to.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
- 2 heads Cauliflower cut into flowerets
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 3 Scallions chopped
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400deg
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to evenly coat.
- Transfer cauliflower to a 13×9 baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with scallions.
- Cover baking dish with foil and place in oven for 30 minutes. Let rest, still covered with foil, for 5 minutes before serving.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!