I am the worst KETO diet person on the planet – I can’t stick to it like the die-hards (who I literally applaud regularly). But I do try to stick to the principles of keto – very low carb, good fats and lots of protein. And for the most part my family is okay with eating keto. So when I say pizza night is gonna be a little different this week – they weren’t too concerned. When I order pizza for the family, I usually take a slice and scrap everything off the top – leaving the crust behind – and eat the meats, sauce, cheese and veggies. That is basically what I created in this casserole. I present to you Layered Pizza Casserole!
I made this like a typical “Supreme” style pizza – but you could put in any of your favorite toppings. I’m the only one in my family that likes mushrooms – so I omitted them from this recipe. Most of my family likes olives so I put olives on half of the baking pan. You could also add bacon, ham or salami and make it a meat lovers. Or maybe go all veggies (which would make it less keto, but still yummy).
This meal was enough for us on its own, but you could totally serve it up with a nice green salad or maybe a caesar salad. If someone in your brood really needs the bread – I suggest making some breadsticks and then they can use them to scoop up the yumminess of this casserole.
If you are looking for more keto friendly dishes – check out my other Keto Recipes.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Layered Pizza Casserole
- 5 oz Pepperoni Slices I used turkey
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 2 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper diced
- ½ White Onion diced
- 1 8oz can Olives sliced (optional)
- 1 tsp Parsley
For the Sauce
- 1 28oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 15oz cans Tomato Puree
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 425deg.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add Italian sausage. Cook until you see no more pink and remove sausage from pan. Add bell peppers and onions and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- In a 13×9 baking dish create the layers of the casserole as follows: ½ of sauce mixture, ½ of sausage, ½ of veggies, ½ of cheese, ½ of pepperoni, ½ of sauce mixture, remaining sausage, remaining veggies, remaining cheese, remaining pepperoni. Sprinkle top with parsley
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here: