Slow cookers make it so easy to create a super flavorful meal without having to stand over it for a long time. You can also use tougher or less tender cuts of meat and still have it come out soft in the end. Beef Broccoli is a fairly simple but super delicious meal that your whole family
You could serve the Beef Broccoli with some sticky rice (1 part rice 2 parts liquid, I usually use chicken broth) or you could make some Garlic Noodles to go with it. The garlic noodle recipe is from my cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight. You can see the recipe below the Beef Broccoli Recipe in this post. When you add the broccoli and cornstarch to the slow cooker, it’s a good time to start your side dish.
The cornstarch trick can be used on just about anything from the slow cooker. If you want to thicken up a soup, stew or just the sauce to be served with the meats, you can use this tip. The key is to take the hot liquid from the slow cooker (try to minimize how much solids you get in, like the onions) whisk in some cornstarch, letting it barely thicken and then return it to pot. Once you combine it all together, return the lid and let it cook another 20-30 minutes so that is thickens the whole pot.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
- 2 lb Chuck Steak cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cup Beef Broth
- ½ cup Coco Aminos
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- ½ White Onion diced
- ¼ cup Oyster Sauce
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 cups Broccoli Florets
- 3 tbsp Corn Starch
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- Add all ingredients – EXCEPT broccoli and cornstarch – to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking time, remove ½ cup of liquid and combine with corn starch. Return liquid to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Add broccoli and stir together. Replace lid and cook for remaining cooking time.
- 1 lb Spaghetti Noodles linguini works too
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- ¼ cup Coco Aminos
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 3 Scallions sliced
- 1 tsp White Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Start water boiling for the pasta.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, coco aminos, fish sauce, oyster sauce and ginger powder
- Add pasta to boiling water. Cook as directed on the package. Drain in colander and rinse with cool water to arrest cooking process.
- In a large saute pan or wok over medium-high heat, add oil. Add noodles to oil and toss too coat with oil. Stir in noodle sauce and continue to cook for 5 minutes, while tossing frequently with tongs. Add green onions and sesame seeds and cook a minute longer.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here: