Every so often I just really want to have breakfast for dinner. Sometimes it’s a craving, sometimes it’s because I have an abundance of eggs from my backyard chickens! Whatever the reason, it’s always a win in my house. This casserole is a meat lovers dream – full of sausage, ham and bacon! – and pretty easy to make. Scroll down for my version of Breakfast Dinner Casserole.
You can play around with this casserole – use different meats, add some veggies (spinach or broccoli would be yum!). You can also use frozen hashbrowns instead of shredding potatoes if you want. Also – you could use shredded zucchini to make it a little more Keto-Friendly.
A couple of kiddos added a dollop of sour cream on top, while my husband added Tabasco. You could serve this with a side of toast (like I did) or english muffins to add to the breakfast diner feel. PS. I like to melt the butter in the microwave and brush it on the toasted bread instead of putting a pat of butter on it. This uses less butter and gets better coverage too! My oldest boy says it would be really yummy with some country gravy on top too! The possibilities really are endless with this one!
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Breakfast Dinner Casserole
- 1 lb Bacon cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 lb Ham diced
- 1 lb Ground Sausage
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 lb Potatoes shredded
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar shredded
- 12 Eggs beaten
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Minced Dried Onion
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Parsley
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400deg.
- In a 13×9 baking dish (coated with cooking spray), put potatoes in a single layer on bottom and drizzle with oil. Put in oven for 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan over medium-high, add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove to a paper towel covered plate.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add ground sausage and garlic cloves. Cook until completely crumbled and no pink.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, minced onion and paprika.
- Remove baking dish from oven and top with ham, half of bacon, sausage mix, and half of cheese. Pour egg mixture over top. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining bacon, remaining cheese and sprinkle with parsley. Return to oven for 15 minutes.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!