Sheet pan dinners are some of my favorite meals! And this Chickpea Chicken dish is no exception. Packed with veggies and protein, this chicken dinner has a little kick too! One of the things I love most about sheet pan dinners is the easy clean up!
Chickpeas are a great source of protein (3g per 1oz) so this dish is rather nutritious. The sweet peppers and red onion give it a lot of color. And the chicken is so yummy with the flavor of Sriracha. I like to remove the skin from the chicken to lessen the amount of fat in the dish. You could also use chicken breasts or tenders instead of the bone-in drumsticks and thighs – but I do think the dark meat goes better with this flavor combination.
Some find Sriracha to be too spicy. However, when you cook with it like this, it really gets toned down to just the flavor and not so much the spice. Plus the yogurt dipping sauce really cools the spice too. If you take a portion of the naan and fill it up (like a taco) with some chickpeas, sweet peppers, chicken and then a dollop of the dip – so much yum!
I like to use parchment paper on the pan – for super easy clean-up! You can also use aluminum foil if you don’t have parchment paper on hand – just be sure it doesn’t tear when you are scooping things up. If you like sheet pan meals, check out my other Sheet Pan Dinners!
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Chickpea Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 5 Chicken Drumsticks (bone-in) skin removed
- 5 Chicken Thighs (bone-in) skin removed
- 2 15 oz cans Chick Peas (or Garbanzo Beans) drained
- 1 lb Sweet Peppers halved and seeded
- ½ Red Onion sliced
- 4 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tsp Pepper
- ½ cup Sriracha
- 6 pieces Naan Bread
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped (for garnish)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 deg.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for dip and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a bowl combine all of the remaining ingredients except the Naan and cilantro. Toss until well coated.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Layout chicken pieces (thighs around the outer edge and drumsticks towards the middle. Then pour veggies over the top and spread out evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes. Wrap the Naan bread in aluminum foil and add to oven for last 10 minutes of bake time.
- Serve 1-2 pieces of chicken and a portion of the chick pea mixture with a dollop of dip on top and a piece of Naan bread to each person. Garnish with Cilantro.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here: