Taco night and Pizza Night just got that much better. This delicious homemade pizza recipe doesn’t just have to be for #TacoTuesday OR #PizzaNight because it’s going to be a awesome any night of the week. You are gonna be shocked by how taste this is when you realize how easy it is to make. Beef & Bean Taco Pizza is going to be one of the repeats in your menu planning, for sure.
I have included my recipe for Thin Crust Pizza Dough below the Beef & Bean Taco Pizza recipe. If you have a preference for a thicker pizza dough or don’t want to make your own dough – no problem at all. Whatever recipe or product you are planning to use – just prepare it to “parcooked” stage. If you are using a precooked pizza dough, I would suggest cooking the pizza little longer than 12 minutes – just make sure it’s hot all the way through.
I like to make these rectangular pizzas – just because its a little easier to roll out a rectangle than it is to do a circle. That’s totally just a personal preference thing. If you have round pizza pans, then this recipe will work just fine for you. Even though it’s a rectangle I still like to cut triangle pieces (lots of people do smaller rectangles). I just cut the pizza in half, then quarters than eighths – just a like a round pizza. I prefer a pizza wheel for cutting, but rocker blades are cool too.
I didn’t include it in the recipe, but I would suggest using your favorite taco sauce with this pizza. You could also add in some sour cream – or any of the other taco toppings you really like. Some people like to put a layer of shredded lettuce on top to get the full taco effect. I, personally, don’t like the way it wilts – so I skip that one. If you wanted to swap out the ground beef for ground chicken or turkey – it would totally still be yummy.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Beef & Bean Taco Pizza
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 15oz cans Refried Beans
- 4 tbsp Taco Seasoning see recipe below
- 2 Pizza Crusts see recipe below
- 4 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 Roma Tomatoes halved and sliced
- ½ White Onion diced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add ground beef and half of taco seasoning. Cook and crumble until you no longer see pink and meat is cooked through.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add refried beans, one cup of cheddar cheese and remaining taco seasoning. Stir together until cheese is melted.
- Preheat oven to 425degF.
- To build one pizza – spread half of bean mixture on parcooked pizza dough. Sprinkle with half of cooked beef and one cup of cheese. Repeat with second pizza. Place in oven to bake for 12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each pizza with half of onion mixture and half of remaining cheese. Last layer up with tomato slices.
Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- 2 tbsp Yeast instant
- ⅓ cup Oil
- 1½ cup Warm Water
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 4½ cups Flour
- Prepare all of the ingredients
- In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, sugar, salt, and oil. Let sit to activate for about 10 minutes. Yeast should become foamy.
- Add flour to activated yeast mixture. Stir together until a sticky dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to proof for about an hour (until dough has doubled in size)
- Preheat oven to 425degF.
- Once risen, split into two equal halves. Add one half of dough to floured surface and use a rolling pin to press out into ¼-in thick in the shape of the baking sheet. Move to parchment paper covered baking sheet. Spray with cooking oil.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Continue to pizza recipe directions.
I love to link up my posts to lots of blogs around the internet – check out this Ultimate Handy Linky Party List to find some of the places I share to!
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!