Fajitas are such a great foodie creation – meats and veggies cooked hot and fast together to make for a fantastic flavor profile. But let’s take it up a notch by turning them with a fully loaded cheese on cheese filled tortilla. This creation is a Blackstone Chicken Fajita Quesadilla – and you will want to eat too many of these 5o count.
If you still do not have a flat top griddle like a Blackstone – STILL NOT SPONSORED JUST LOVE IT – then you need to see how to make that happen. It’s not just the way it cooks, but it’s the larger surface area that can have various temperatures at the same time. So you can cook up the chicken and veggies on high on one side while cooking the tortillas into Quesadillas on the lower heat on the other side.
You definitely need to find the largest tortillas you can to enjoy this recipe. I’m talking 14+ inches in diameter. I’m lucky to find these in my grocery. If you are not, you should check out your local Latino market or a wholesale restaurant supply type store like Chefs Store or Cash N Carry. You also need a griddle spatula to make sure you can lift and flip the whole quesadilla at once.
If inclined, you could serve this up with sour cream, pico de gallo, guacamole or even ranch. But honestly, they are enough on their own. If you have 4 teenagers and a manual labor spouse that all eat more than the average person – Cheesy beans are a good side. It’s 2 15oz cans refried beans, 1 15oz can pinto beans, drained, 1 cup milk, 2 cups shredded cheddar, 1 teaspoon each cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika and onion powder. Cook on medium until fully incorporated and then reduce to low until ready to serve.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Blackstone Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
- 1 Flattop Griddle like Blackstone or countertop griddle
- 6 Extra Large Tortillas 14inch diameter
- 4 cups Cheddar & Colby Jack Cheese shredded
- 2 Red Bell Peppers sliced
- 2 Green Bell Peppers sliced
- 1 Larger White Onion sliced
- 3 tbsp Taco Seasoning see recipe below
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 lbs Chicken Tenderloins cut into thirds
- In a bowl, add chicken, lime juice, two tablespoons of oil and two tablespoons of taco seasoning. Toss to thoroughly coat.
- In a separate bowl, add bell peppers, onions, one tablespoon of oil and one tablespoon of taco seasoning. Toss to thoroughly coat.
- Preheat half of flattop to medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken and let cook 5 minutes while moving around. Add vegetable mixture and combine. Cover with lid and let cook 5 minutes.
- Preheat other half of flattop to medium. Lay tortilla flat and put half cup of cheese on one half. Layer on portion of chicken fajitas. Sprinkle with additional sprinkle of cheese. Use spatula to fold over tortilla. Let cook another two minutes then flip quesadilla. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
I love to link up my posts to lots of blogs around the internet – check out this Ultimate Handy Linky Party List to find some of the places I share to!
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!