Next to one-pot meals, sheet pan dinners are high on the weeknight dinner list of options. They have a lot of similarities in that they clean up easy, they require minimal interaction while cooking, and typically bring protein and vegetables together in a single dish. This Cajun Sheet Pan Dinner is loaded with shrimp, sausage, asparagus, red onion, zucchini, and bell pepper in a zesty spice blend.
Your preparation of the ingredients is a big part of the success of a dish like this. You want to do your best to keep the ingredients that cook at similar rates to be similar in size. The asparagus, zucchini, and bell pepper should all be basically the same size. You will want to cut the sausage into slices similar to the size of the shrimp.
The sheet pan is a pretty important part of the sheet pan dinner. I like to use a flat bottomed half sheet pan for my recipes – well two of them, since my recipes make 2 sheets worth. You could probably load it all onto one pan, but I like to have things in close to a single layer so that it cooks evenly. If you put too much on, you are likely to burn the top and bottom and potentially leave the center underdone.
While it’s not a necessity, I would suggest serving this over some butter rice. It’s a simple side to make while the pans are in the oven. It’s two cups long grain rice, one quart broth or water and four tablespoons of butter in a pan. Cover with lid and cook on medium for 17 minutes. Remove lid, add another four tablespoons and stir to fluff. Replace lid until ready to serve.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Cajun Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 Half Sheet Pans
- 2 lb Large Shrimp (31-40 ct) raw, deveined, peeled
- 2 lb Andouille Sausage cut into ½ inch coins
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 bundle Asparagus bottoms removed, cut into 2 inch strips
- 2 Medium Zucchinis cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 Medium Red Onion cut into 1 inch squares
- ½ cup Oil
For the Cajun Seasoning
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Celery Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375degF.
- In a small bowl, combine seasoning ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shrimp, sausage and vegetables. Add oil and seasoning mix. Toss to evenly coat.
- Cover two baking sheets (half sheet size) with parchment paper. Put half of the mixture on each sheet and spread out to an even layer.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes. *Shrimp should be full pink
Custom Instacart Link for this Recipe
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!