Pizza night is one of my favorite nights. There is just something about eating a slice of pizza -take-out, delivery, homemade, elevated or barely above cardboard – even bad pizza is still pretty good pizza. And this pizza is anything but bad! In fact Beef, Bacon & Blue Cheese Pizza is probably some of my best pizza making work!
The idea came from my most recent burger creation – the Bacon & Blue Cheese Burger. I love the flavor combination of bacon and blue cheese and wanted to find another way to enjoy them in a meal. I wanted to make it similar but not the same same, so I pulled in a few other flavors to chance the end taste. Parmesan, mozzarella and red onion lead this pizza to victory.
This recipe makes 2 pizzas that can be cut into six or eight decent sized slices. You can use the recipe I added in below the pizza recipe. You can also use whatever your favorite version of pizza dough is – store-bought, fresh made, refrigerated, or pre-cooked – for this pizza as the crust doesn’t play a huge roll past being the vessel. That said, I think I might make it with a sourdough pizza dough next time.
You can use your favorite blue cheese dressing for the cream sauce. I would suggest using one that has actual chunks of blue cheese in it (usually found in the fresh refrigerator section of the produce section). This will add more blue cheese flavor to the sauce which really connects it to the crumbles. If you cannot find one that has crumbles in it, add about a tablespoon of fresh crumbles to the sauce.
A Customized Instacart Shopping list for this recipe!
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Beef, Bacon & Blue Cheese Pizza
- 2 Pizza Dough see recipe below or use refrigerator dough
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Dried Minced Onion
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 slices Bacon cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ Red Onion thinly sliced
- 8 oz Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
For the Cream Sauce
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 oz Parmesan Cheese shredded
- ½ cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400degF. If using recipe for pizza dough below, prepare it up to the 4th step. If using refrigerator dough, spread each out on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- In a frying pan over medium high heat, add bacon. Cook until crispy and remove to a paper towel covered plate. Do NOT discard grease.
- Add ground beef, garlic, minced onions, salt, pepper and parsley to frying pan. Cook and crumble until no longer pink. Set aside.
- Place pizza crusts in oven for 8 minutes and then remove.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add butter and garlic powder. Once melted whisk in flour. Cook for 2 minutes then whisk in milk. Cook for 2 minutes then whisk in heavy cream. Cook for 2 minutes then stir in parmesan cheese and blue cheese dressing. Stir until cheese is fully incorporated.
- Build the pizzas by placing half of each component on each pizza, in this order: Cheese sauce, ground beef, bacon, red onion, blue cheese crumbles, and mozzarella cheese. Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Yeast instant
- ⅓ cup Avocado Oil
- 1½ cup Warm Water
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil for bowl
- Prepare all of the ingredients
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Pour in water while stirring. Then add olive oil and continue to mix by hand. Mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Brush the insides of a second bowl with avocado oil and transfer ball of dough. Cover with towel or plastic wrap and let rise at least 1 hour. Dough should approximately double in size.
- Once risen, place dough on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Stretch and press it out until you cover the baking sheet with ¼ inch thick crust. Let sit another 15 minutes.
- Place in 400 deg oven for 15 minutes.
- Continue to pizza recipe directions.
- If making for focaccia – brush with oil and add desired seasoning. Then bake for 15 minutes in 425 deg oven.
Estelle Forrest’s self-published first cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight: A Family Cookbook – was created after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Estelle self-published a second cookbook – Burgers on a Weeknight – recently. It has over 60 delicious burger creations! You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
One thought on “Beef, Bacon & Blue Cheese Pizza”
Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party. Have a wonderful weekend.