Some people shy away from cooking pasta in a One-Pot style dish – but it really does work. You get excellent flavor into the pasta and it creates it’s own sauce in the end. Essentially it is like make Hamburger Helper from scratch using real ingredients. Creamy Cheesy Beefy Pasta is so easy to make, you are going to be shocked at how flavorful and filling it is.
The really great thing about this recipe is that you can switch it up with what ingredients you have on hand. I used ground beef but you could go with ground turkey or chicken. Rigatoni was used in the recipe but you can make it work with basically any short pasta – shells, elbows, shellbos, penne, rotini – whatever you have on hand. You just want to adjust the cooking time for the type of pasta you use. You could also swap the cheddar cheese for mozzarella or a sharp cheddar.
As I mentioned – this is a filling hearty dish. So I did not serve a side with it. If you needed to stretch it or wanted to have leftovers (it’s great heated up for lunch), I would suggest some green beans or broccoli to go with. You could also serve with a nice side salad and a roll.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Creamy Cheesy Beefy Pasta
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- ½ Yellow Onion diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1½ lb Short Pasta rigatoni, shells, elbows, rotini
- 1 qt Beef Broth
- 1 15oz can Crushed Tomato
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add oil, onions and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes then add ground beef, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. Cook and crumble until no longer pink.
- Add broth, pasta and crushed tomatoes. Bring just to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and cheese until fully incorporated. Let cook another 5 minutes.
Estelle Forrest self-published first cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight: A Family Cookbook – was created after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Estelle self-published a second cookbook – Burgers on a Weeknight – recently. It has over 60 delicious burger creations! You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!