Summer is coming! And that calls for lighter, brighter dinners. It calls for dinner on the back porch or on the shore for a weeknight kayak adventure. Salad sandwiches are perfect for this sort of dinner idea. A simple Dill Shrimp Salad Sandwich is going to make your whole family so happy. It is also really quick to put together and only gets better the longer it sits.
If you want to save even more time, you could use pre-cooked shrimp. I do prefer to use raw shrimp for this salad because I can infuse the lemon and garlic flavors into the shrimp. This allows you to build that extra layer of flavor. Honestly, it’s just a few minutes that are well worth it. You do want to make sure that you have them peeled, deveined, and tails-off. You also want to make sure you get at least “Large” Shrimp or bigger. It allows you to have nice chunks in the salad.
I used croissants because they are light and flaky. I am lucky to have a great bakery inside my local grocery store, so these are easy to come by for me. I did consider using a nice crusty French baguette, to give it more heft, which I will probably do when I serve this in the Fall or Winter. You could also put this super flavorful shrimp salad in a pita pocket or wrapped up in a tortilla (maybe even a spinach tortilla). If you have a few family members sticking with a keto or paleo diet – you could absolutely serve this up in a bowl with a fork and they will be thrilled!
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Dill Shrimp Salad Sandwich
- 2 lb Large Shrimp, deviened, peeled, tail-off
- 8 Croissants sliced into buns
- 8 pieces Green Leaf Lettuce
- 1 English Cucumber seeded, peeled, diced
- 4 Celery Hearts strings removed, diced
- ½ Red Onion diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 8 oz Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Fresh Dill chopped
- 2 Lemons zested, juiced
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ cup Honey
- Prepare all of the ingrients. Start water boiling for shrimp.
- Add half of lemon juice to boiling water. Add raw shrimp to boiling water. Let cook for 4 minutes (should be juice pink). Drain into colander and rinse with cool water.
- Roughly chop shrimp into ½ inch pieces, Set aside to let cool completley.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, dill, remaining lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, honey and old bay seasoning.
- Add cucumber, onion, celery, and chopped shrimp to a bowl. Pour yogurt mix over and toss to coat.
- Serve between two halves of the croissant with a piece of green leaf on the bottom half.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
13 thoughts on “Dill Shrimp Salad Sandwich”
I like shrimp but never had it on a sandwich, sounds good! Thanks so much for linking up with me at the Unlimited Link Party 26. Pinned!
This sounds so delicious. I can’t wait to try it!
I’m always looking for more seafood recipes and this one looks perfect for summer!
Mmmmmmm – Pinned! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party. Have a wonderful week!
I have never had or heard of shrimp salad before but this sounds so good; plus I am a sucker for any sandwich on a croissant! Yum. Pinned.
This sounds like a deliciously healthy sandwich. Looks awesome too. Thanks for sharing at our #HomeMattersParty.
I’ll be featuring it at our next party. Don’t forget to check it out 🙂
Wow thanks so much!
Our growing season just started in New Jersey and I have some dill planted. I will be trying this recipe soon.
Estelle, this looks SO good! Thank you SO much for sharing your recipe at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy.
We’re SO excited to feature you at this week’s party (#488).
Wow thanks so much! How exciting
I love dill and I love anything with shrimp. This looks absolutely amazing. Pinned! Thanks for sharing and linking with me!