Winner winner chicken dinner! Yummy chicken so packed full of garlicy, lemony good flavors – you are gonna love it. And using the slow cooker makes is so quick and easy to make – check out my latest recipe – Lemon Butter Garlic Chicken.
I have always loved slow cooker meals – you can make them ahead of time, they are always so flavorful, and you pretty much spend 10 minutes actually cooking the whole time. Not to mention that you get to smells the deliciousness of what will be dinner for the better part of the day!
Every slow cooker is different – you might have a round one or an oval one, some are short and fat and others are tall and skinny. So you should always be mindful of how your brand works. In general, the depth of liquid in the crock is going to be the key to success. You always want your meats submerged but not drowning. So adjust the amount of broth or water you are adding accordingly. If you have a new (to you) slow cooker, keep an eye on it throughout the day to monitor the liquid level.
This recipe for Lemon Butter Garlic Chicken can go with a variety of side dishes. I just made regular rice with it (3 cups rice, 6 cups chicken broth, lid on and cook for 18 minutes). You could make a simple buttered noodle also (cook pasta as directed then toss with 1/2 stick off butter). Or maybe even Whipped Cauliflower or mashed potatoes. The gravy that comes out of the slow cooker is so super yummy and will enhance any of these side items for sure.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken
- 8-10 Chicken Thighs boneless, skinless
- 5 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- 1 Lemon zest & juice
- 2 sticks Butter cut in tablespoon pieces
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker, in a single layer. Sprinkle with garlic and onions. Combine all remaining ingredients – EXCEPT cornstarch – and pour over top. Place lid on slow cooker and cook for 7 hours on low.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove ½ cup of liquid from slow cooker and whisk in corn starch. Return liquid to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Replace lid and continue to cook for remainder of cook time.
- Serve with a drizzle of "pan gravy" over top of chicken and garnish with lemon slice and/or parsley if desired.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!