A flavorful sweet and savory delight – Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken is so simple to put together. This dish is a very easy dump-style slow cooker meal. You basically put the ingredient into the crock and let the low and slow cooking take over. On busy winter days – or if you happen to be in the middle of a kitchen remodel – like my home – this is a perfect dish. It takes minutes to put together and then it can just be left to it’s own devices.
It’s important that you get pineapple chunks in their own juices – not in syrup. You want the natural sweetness of the pineapple but not all the added sugars for syrup. And you want to add the whole contents of the cans into the mix. You need all the liquid to help the chicken stay moist while cooking.
I made some simple white rice to go with this Pineapple Chicken. I also sprinkled a little bit of crispy wonton over the top to add some texture. You could certainly serve it with rice noodles, over chow mein or maybe over an Asian Salad.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken
- 1 Slow Cooker at least 6 quarts
- 10 Chicken Thighs bone-in, skinless
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Ginger grated
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 20oz can Pineapple Chunks (with juice)
- ½ Red Onion thinly sliced
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine garlic, ginger, Worcestershire, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over top of chicken. Secure lid and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve with drizzle of juices from slow cooker over top and several pieces of red onion.
Estelle Forrest’s self-published first cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight: A Family Cookbook – was created after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Estelle self-published a second cookbook – Burgers on a Weeknight – recently. It has over 60 delicious burger creations! You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!