Sometimes you need an easy meal that will work for dinner or lunch – at home, at a picnic, camping. These Buffalo Chicken Wraps are perfect for that. While I included directions to cook the chicken in this recipe, you can totally replace it with shredded rotisserie chicken. We are lucky enough to have a grocery near by that will shred any unsold chickens each day and package it up, making it very easy. The bold flavors of this wrap are going to knock some socks off.
I developed this recipe when our kitchen was in the starting phase of a full remodel. So I had no sink and no oven. Basically a few weeks of having just a slow cooker, a microwave, and a griddle to cook on. So I had to make a few things that didn’t involve either, so cold dinners it was. For this particular meal, I used shredded rotisserie chicken and real bacon bits. Which means all I needed was a microwave for the melted butter.
I served this up with carrots and celery sticks, to keep with the idea of Buffalo wings. You could serve it with your favorite chips, some potato salad or even some fries. These would also make a great addition to a game day spread, BBQ or potluck.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- 2 lb Chicken Thighs or shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 qt Chicken Broth omit if using rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup Buffalo Sauce like Franks Red Hot
- 8 oz Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- ½ lb Bacon cut in ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing plus more for dipping, if desired
- 6 Burrito-Sized Tortillas
- Add chicken and broth to sauce pan and bring to boil. Let cook for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and shred. Add to a bowl and let cool. *If you are using rotisserie chicken, just add to a bowl.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add bacon. Cook until crispy and remove to paper towel covered plate to cool.
- Add butter to a microwave safe dish and melt. Stir in Buffalo Sauce. Pour over shredded chicken and toss to coat.
- Start with a tortilla. Spread across the center with cream cheese, including a smear on one edge. (This will act as the "glue" to hold the wrap closed). Next add a portion of buffalo chicken, a sprinkle of carrots, bleu cheese, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Follow by a drizzle of ranch.
- Fold over outer edges of tortilla, roughly 1 inch on each side. Then roll up from the bottom until sealed with cream cheese "glue". Slice on the diagonal to serve.
Estelle Forrest’s self-published first cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight: A Family Cookbook – was created after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Estelle self-published a second cookbook – Burgers on a Weeknight – recently. It has over 60 delicious burger creations! You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!