Simple sides are always my favorite. And bonus points if they don’t have to be cooked! While this Feta Corn Salad is amazing for summertime – it keeps in a cooler really well – it is actually good year round! It goes so good with a burger (check out my latest cookbook Burgers on a Weeknight!), a steak, a whole roasted chicken. It has a mild but yummy flavor that gives it a versatile array of combinations.
For the dressing, I opted for Red Wine Vinegar. It has that hint of sweetness that goes great with the corn. If you don’t have any red wine vinegar you could use apple cider vinegar instead – but I would advise against using plain white vinegar. That will be too pungent and over power the corn. I also used plain feta cheese crumbles not the marinated style. The marinated style tends to be a little more Mediterranean in flavor, which isn’t exactly what you are going for here.
I served this with my Dill Shrimp Sandwich, for my youngest son’s birthday this year. He absolutely loved it! They balanced each other really well. They also have several of the same ingredients so prep was pretty easy for both of them! I think this salad would also go really well with a nice steak and loaded baked potato.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Feta Corn Salad
- 2 15oz can Sweet Corn drained
- 1 English Cucumbers diced
- ½ Red Onion diced
- 1 12oz box Feta Crumbles
- ¼ cup Fresh Chives chopped
- ⅓ cup Avocado Oil
- ⅓ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Honey
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- In a mason jar, combine oil, vinegar, red pepper flakes, honey, garlic powder and lemon juice. Secure lid and shake until well combined.
- In a bowl, combine, corn, cucumber, onion, chives, and feta cheese. Pour dressing over top and toss to coat. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve (at least 30 minutes – up to 24 hours).
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!