In order to have #TacoTuesday every week, you gotta get creative by trying new ingredients. I like to call cauliflower the chicken of vegetables because it is so versatile. You can use it in lots of different types and styles of cooking. These Chicken & Cauliflower Tacos are super easy to make and so tasty. And the homemade avocado crema is so light and bright.
Sheet pan dinners are so good for weeknight meals because once you have everything on the pan, you just have to let it bake. You want to cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces so that they cook up evenly and fit well inside the tortillas. Try to get the pieces of chicken and cauliflower basically equal in size for good uniformity.
The avocado crema is so easy to make and gives a great level of flavor. If you wanted to add a little kick to it, you could add a tablespoon of pickled jalapeno juice into the mix. Conversely, if you don’t care for avocado, you can omit it and just add the seasonings to the sour cream. I served these tacos with Cheesy Beans (1 can of whole pinto beans, drained, 1 can of refried beans, half a cup of milk and a cup of cheese).
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Chicken & Cauliflower Tacos
- 12 Flour Tortillas soft taco or fajita size
- ½ Red Onion diced
For the Chicken & Cauliflower
- 1½ lb Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Cauliflower Head cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 7oz can Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
For the Avocado Crema
- 1 Avocado skinned and pitted
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 425deg.
- In a bowl, combine chicken & cauliflower ingredients. Toss until well coated. Transfer to a parchment paper covered baking sheet (should be large enough for the chicken and cauliflower to be in a single layer). Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and add to oven in the last 10 minutes of cook time.
- Combine crema ingredients and blitz (you can use a blender or a bowl and immersion blender). Keep in fridge until ready to make tacos.
- On a warm tortilla, add a portion of the chicken & cauliflower mixture. Drizzle with crema and then sprinkle with red onions.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
4 thoughts on “Chicken & Cauliflower Tacos #sheetpandinners”
I love buffalo anything!! Thank you for sharing at My Big Fat Menopausal Life’s brand new party – Share the Wealth!! I hope your weekend is fabulous!!
These look delicious! I WISH I could get my family to branch out an try different types of tacos… I tried one week with ground turkey and they complained LOUDLY! I’ll have to try chicken and see what they think of those…