Wraps are so good for combining different flavor profiles because you can mash it all together to really taste it all. Chicken is a great protein to carry the flavors of jalapeno, and cream cheese that you expect from Jalapeno Poppers. Adding in the bacon, ranch and cheddar cheese make from a delicious and easy meal. These are really great for a quick meal when people are in out at dinner time – as they are good warm and still good cold!
I removed about half the seeds and ribs (the pithy white stuff that holds the seeds) before adding them to the chicken meatballs. You could leave them in for more heat or take more out to lessen the impact. Truthfully, these meatballs really are not very spicy at all. It’s more about the flavor of the peppers coming together.
I used my Homemade Ranch for these wraps. It’s made with Greek Yogurt, chives and dill to get all those tangy ranch flavors. The ranch recipe is great for dips and salads too. If you want it a little thicker, you can reduce the heavy cream. If you want it thinner, just increase the amount of heavy cream. If you don’t have the time, or just prefer the bottle – that will totally work for this recipe.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Wraps
- 8 Flour Tortillas burrito size
- 2 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- 1 cup Pork Rinds crushed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 oz Cream Cheese divided
- ½ lb Bacon cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing see recipe below
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400deg.
- In a bowl combine chicken, jalapeno, pork rinds, salt, pepper, and half of cream cheese. Form into 1½ meatballs and line out on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Place in oven to cook for 30 minutes. Cut each meatball in half.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove to a paper towel covered plate.
- To build the wrap – place a smear of cream cheese in center of tortilla. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then add 4-5 halved meatballs. Add some bacon and drizzle with ranch dressing. Fold ends over and roll into a wrap. Slice on diagonally. Serve 2-3 halves per plate.
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt Plain
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chives chopped
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Dill
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and store in refrigerator until ready to serve – up to 1 week.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!