Burgers and Mexican are very popular choices in my home so I make them often. Then I decided to mash things up and made some Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas that got devoured by my crew. So much so that I ended up making another round of them after later that evening.
The special sauce is what really brings the “burger” flavor out in this dish. And it is a super simple sauce to pull together- whisking helps it smooth out faster. It doubles as a fry sauce too. My family prefers Mt. Olive Hamburger Dill Pickles on our burgers, so that is what I use for the juice in the sauce.
I made several large (burrito-sized) quesadillas but you could certainly make small soft taco sized ones and just not cut them as much. I didn’t make a side dish to go with it but you could go classic and do French Fries. You could also try my Black Bean Salad that has some hints of Tex-Mex and would be yummy with these quesadillas.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas
- 1½ lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Bacon cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ White Onion diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 3 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 Romaine Heart shredded
- 3 Roma Tomatoes diced
- 10 Tortillas burrito-sized
For the Special Sauce
- 1 cup Mayo
- ½ cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add bacon. Cook until crispy and remove to paper towel covered plate. Reserve grease.
- Add garlic and onions to pan and cook for 3 minutes. Then add ground beef, red pepper flakes, salt, and parsley. Crumble and cook until no longer pink. Add 1 cup of cheese and bacon back to pan. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Preheat griddle to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine special sauce ingredients and then place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle some cheese on one half of a tortilla. Add a portion of meat mixture. Fold tortilla over and place on griddle. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut each tortilla into 3 triangles. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, and special sauce on top.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
2 thoughts on “Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas”
Looks good! Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 31. Pinned!
Oh my this looks good!! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party!! Have a fabulous weekend. Hope we see you on Sunday!