Burgers and Mexican are very popular choices in my home so I make them often. Then I decided to mash things up and made some Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas that got devoured by my crew. So much so that I ended up making another round of them after later that evening.
The special sauce is what really brings the “burger” flavor out in this dish. And it is a super simple sauce to pull together- whisking helps it smooth out faster. It doubles as a fry sauce too. My family prefers Mt. Olive Hamburger Dill Pickles on our burgers, so that is what I use for the juice in the sauce.
I made several large (burrito-sized) quesadillas but you could certainly make small soft taco sized ones and just not cut them as much. I didn’t make a side dish to go with it but you could go classic and do French Fries. You could also try my Black Bean Salad that has some hints of Tex-Mex and would be yummy with these quesadillas.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas
- 1½ lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Bacon cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ White Onion diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 3 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 Romaine Heart shredded
- 3 Roma Tomatoes diced
- 10 Tortillas burrito-sized
For the Special Sauce
- 1 cup Mayo
- ½ cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add bacon. Cook until crispy and remove to paper towel covered plate. Reserve grease.
- Add garlic and onions to pan and cook for 3 minutes. Then add ground beef, red pepper flakes, salt, and parsley. Crumble and cook until no longer pink. Add 1 cup of cheese and bacon back to pan. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Preheat griddle to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine special sauce ingredients and then place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle some cheese on one half of a tortilla. Add a portion of meat mixture. Fold tortilla over and place on griddle. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut each tortilla into 3 triangles. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, and special sauce on top.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!