A delicious rosemary cream sauce baked over bratwurst, potatoes, and green beans – comfort food at its finest! The cream sauce is so easy to make but has such a rich and inviting creamy flavor. And the potatoes and green beans cook up to the perfect texture with just enough bite but cooked through.
I actually used leftover bratwurst from two nights prior. So they were cold but cooked when I put them in. If you are cooking them specifically for this recipe, I would suggest cooking them first before prepping the potatoes and green beans. This will let them cool off a bit before you cut them into chunks, and they will retain the moisture better.
I used fresh green beans so that they would stay a little crunchy to provide some texture to the dish. You can use frozen (I would put them in frozen not thawed) or canned (make sure to drain them completely) if you can’t find fresh. After making it, I think you could also sub out the green beans for asparagus if you like that better! I used Yukon Gold potatoes but you could use russets or red potatoes too.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Creamy Bratwurst Casserole
- 6 Bratwurst cooked & cut into chunks
- 1½ lb Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into chunks
- 1 lb Fresh Green Beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1 cup French Fried Onions
For the Sauce
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Tarragon
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400deg.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add butter, thyme, tarragon and rosemary. Once melted, whisk in flour and cook for 3 minutes. Then whisk in chicken broth and cook for 3 minutes. Last whisk in heavy cream and cook for 3 minutes.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, add bratwurst, potatoes and green beans. Pour cream sauce over top and toss to combine. Sprinkle wiht parmesan cheese and french fried onions. Then put in oven to bake for 30 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
One thought on “Creamy Bratwurst Casserole”
Thanks for sharing your recipes at Vintage Charm!