Want to have a little extra fun on your next taco night? Check out these super tasty super fun Ranch Chicken Tacos that are totally loaded with ranch flavors – ranch flavor on the chicken, ranch dressing, AND ranch chips all loaded up on a soft flour tortilla. The slow cooked chicken has such a burst of flavor – you will want to use the recipe for sandwiches, nachos, burritos or even a tasty chicken salad.
The different textures at play in this taco add to the delight. You have the soft tortilla with the crunchy tortilla chips. And the melty cheese with crisp lettuce and onion. It is a great bite of food for sure. You can use your favorite store-bought ranch dressing for these tacos or you can make your own ranch at home. I have a great Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipe you can check out!
By adding the smoky cumin and chili powder to the ranch powder mix, you get a nice depth of flavor for the chicken. I used chicken breasts for this, but boneless skinless chicken thighs would also work. You could also go for a turkey breast as well. You just want to be sure it is boneless, as that really can have an impact on the cook time as well more time to take the meat off the bone after it’s cooked.
When I last served these I went all in on the Cool Ranch tortilla chips and got the big bag to serve them as a side with the tacos. If you wanted something with a little more substance, you could make ranch beans. Whole pinto beans (not drained), a 4 oz can of green chilies and 1oz of ranch powder. Simmer on medium-low until ready to serve.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
- 2 lb Chicken Breast
- ½ cup Butter cut into 1 tbsp tabs
- 1 oz Ranch Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 16 Flour Tortillas fajita sized
- 1 cup Iceberg Lettuce shredded
- ½ Medium Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese finely shredded
- 1 cup Cool Ranch Corn Chips lightly crushed
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing
- Add chicken to slow cooker. Spread butter tabs evenly. Combine ranch powder, cumin, chili powder, onion, powder, and garlic powder. Sprinkle evenly over chicken. Secure lid and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours).
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, and chop. Then return to slow cooker and stir with any juices.
- Start with a tortilla and add lettuce, onion and sprinkle of cheese. Next add chicken, drizzle of ranch dressing and sprinkle of crushed chips.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!