It doesn’t get much more classic comfort food than meatloaf! This is my small twist on the classic by adding in some bacon and making them pre-portioned. These Individual Meatloaves also bring together three types of meats to grown a depth of flavor your whole family is going to love.
Some people view meatloaf as just another way to eat a burger, when in reality they are not really that much the same. Meatloaf is a much denser and more moist preparation than a burger typically is, which is why it doesn’t need to be put on a bun. Also leftovers do make a great sandwich! I like the added bacon on top for a bit of crunch as well as the flavor.
I went full classic comfort meals when I served these meatloaves. Oven roasted asparagus that I drizzled with avocado oil and sprinkled with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. I also slow baked some large russet potatoes (300degF for 3 hours) and served with butter, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese, sour cream and a sprinkle of chives. And don’t forget the dinner rolls!
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1½ cup Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Dried Minced Onions
- 1 15oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Chciken Broth
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Large Eggs
- 6 slices Bacon cut in half
- ½ cup Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400degF.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, chicken, bread crumbs and dried onion.
- In another bowl, thoroughly combine tomato sauce, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, oregano, pepper and eggs. Add to meat mixture and combine. Divide into 8 portions.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, form each portion of meat mixture into a small loaf. Drizzle each with ketchup and place two halves of bacon on top (crossed or side by side). Place in oven for 45 minutes.
Estelle Forrest’s self-published first cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight: A Family Cookbook – was created after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Estelle self-published a second cookbook – Burgers on a Weeknight – recently. It has over 60 delicious burger creations! You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!