If you are looking for the perfect Brewhouse Pub food made at home – you came to the right place! This delectable combination of beer cheese, a quick chili and bratwurst come together as the perfect grown-up version of a chili cheese dog. Beer Chili Cheese Brats are going to make the whole family happy and probably need a fork and knife to eat it all up!
The quick chili is amazing and can be used in so many ways. You get some much flavor in a short time – it’s incredible. The beef broth lends a lot of the flavor – don’t use water! Always use broth whenever you can. If you really want to develop flavor – you could use dried kidney beans, and soak them in beef broth the night before instead of using canned beans.
I didn’t serve a side dish with this recipe – because Holy Moly is it filling. The hubs and older boys had two each but the rest of us barely polished off one! If you wanted to make only one per person you could serve with some fries or tots. Or you could add a side salad to cut back on the considerable caloric intake.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Beer Chili Cheese Brats
- 8 Hoagie Rolls
- 8 Bratwurst
- ½ White Onion diced, divided
- 1 tsp Parsley for garnish
For the Chili
- 2 15oz can Kidney Beans drained
- 1 15oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Beef Broth
For the Beer Cheese Sauce
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 12 oz Lager
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add oil, garlic and half of diced onion. Cook for 3 minutes. Add remaining chili ingredients and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover to simmer.
- In another sauce pan over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in lager and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in heavy cream and cook for 2 minutes. Add in cheese and fully incorporated.
- Add brats to grill and cook for 9 minutes on each side.
- Split rolls and place on grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Place bratwurts on grilled bun and top with chili, then beer cheese. Sprinkle with remaining onion and parsley.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
5 thoughts on “Beer Chili Cheese Brats”
Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe at Vintage Charm!
Oh… summer food!
I’m coming to your house for dinner!! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party. Have a fantastic week!
We will really enjoy your Beer Chili Cheese Brats, they look delicious. Your awesome post is featured on Full Plate Thursday, 542 this week. Thanks so much for sharing with us and come back to see us real soon!
You had at me at beer and chili! Although I am not a huge fan of brats, but I might enjoy them this way! Thanks for sharing and linking, Estelle!