Tired of the same old side dishes that you keep on a constant rotation? Why not try something a little different. This side dish is often found at pot lucks and backyard bar-b-ques. Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Salad relies on the classic bacon cheddar ranch flavor combo – and it’s always a win!
The dressing is very close to a ranch flavoring but it has my own spice combo – instead of ranch powder. I also use greek yogurt instead of all sour cream or a sour cream and mayo combo. It gives it that extra tang (plus its a little healthier). The “chill” step in this recipe is pretty important. You need it to both let the dressing develop flavor but also to let the bacon, cheddar and broccoli really co-mingle flavors with the dip. You can also use my Homemade Ranch to dress it if you like – it’s a thinner consistency
I served this alongside BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese sandwiches. The star of this sammies is the homemade Bourbon BBQ sauce – it’s so easy to make and so delicious you are going to want to put it on everything.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Cheddar Bacon Broccoli Salad
- 6 cup Broccoli florets
- ½ Red Onion diced
- ½ lb Bacon cut into ½-in pieces
- 1 lb Cheddar Cheese cut into ½-in chunks
For the Dressing
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt plain
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Dried Chives
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Dill
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and place in refrigerator.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove to paper towel covered plate and let cool.
- In a large bowl, add broccoli, bacon, onion and cheese. Pour dressing over top and toss to coat. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (up to 12 hours).
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!