Quick and simple pasta dishes are always a hit in my house. And I love meals that are all easy for the busy weeknights. Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta checks both of those boxes. My kids loved it, my husband loved it, and there were no leftovers!
You could use ground turkey in place of the ground beef if you wanted to. You would need to add a little more avocado oil to replace the less fat from the beef pasta. If you wanted the sauce to be a little thinner (it’s a fairly thick sauce) you could add a half cup of heavy cream at the same time as the cream cheese. This is a hearty “stick to your ribs” meal – which makes it great for a cold winter night.
While we didn’t need it, you might consider serving this with a green salad on the side. You could also serve it with some corn or green beans. I like to just put them in a pan with some butter, parsley and garlic powder. It’s a quick and easy side dish.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
- 2 lb Ground Beef
- ½ lb Bacon cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ Yellow Onion finely diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- 16 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1½ lb Short Pasta shells, rigatoni, penne, rotini
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Start water boiling for pasta
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add oil, onions and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes then add ground beef, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook until no longer pink.
- In a frying pan over medium high heat, add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove to paper towel covered plate.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook as directed on package. Drain in colander and rinse with cool water to arrest cooking process.
- Add cream cheese to meat mixture and and stir until melted in. Then add cheddar cheese and stir until mixed in. Lastly, add cooked pasta and bacon and stir until mixed in.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!