You have probably seen Antipasto platters and Charcuterie Boards all over the place these days – they are basically the same thing. A collection of meats, cheeses, veggies and garnishes. But man are they a lot of work to build! When I really wanted to get the flavors of an Antipasto for a full meal, with less work – I came up with this Antipasto Burger!
By mixing the roasted red peppers in with the ground beef, you get a juicy flavorful burger. And you really have to use thick slices of fresh mozzarella to get the full effect of the burger – shredded is not going to give you the whole effect. This burger is a bit messy – but the Ciabatta buns help with that a lot. Since they are a crustier variety of bun, they stand up to the tasty goodness.
You could make a lot of variations when it comes to this burger and still get the same basic flavors – you could use prosciutto instead of salami. You could add an olive tapanade (a sort of olive relish). It could even be good with a few slices of the roasted red peppers right on the burger with the onions and cheese, if you really love roasted red peppers!
So Much Burger Love!
If you have been following along with my recipes – you probably have noticed I got a thing for burgers! My whole family just loves a good burger. And it’s an easy meal for me to make for everyone – including myself (since I can’t have large amounts of carbs, I just don’t use a bun!) But it could also have something to do with getting 80lbs of ground beef with our last grass-fed butchered half a cow! You can check out more of my burger creations here – Burgers! I also have a couple of burger recipes in my cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight. If you don’t have a copy yet, check it out on Amazon!
- 6 Ciabatta Buns
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 lb Salami sliced
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Avocado Mayo
- ½ lb Mozzarella Cheese sliced
- ½ Red Onion thinly sliced
For the Burgers
- 2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Egg beaten
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 3 Marinated Roasted Red Peppers minced
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 deg. Preheat the grill to 375deg
- Combine mayo and balsamic vinegar and leave in fridge until ready to build the burgers
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the burgers and form into 4 inch patties. Once grill is ready, cook on each side for 7-9 minutes. Remove from grill, layer with slice of mozzarella cheese and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While the burgers are cooking, lay the ciabatta buns on a baking sheet face up. Combine melted butter, parsley and garlic powder, and brush each bun. Put in oven for 5-7 minutes until just golden.
- Build your burgers – put a layer of balsamic mayo on the bottom bun, then 4 slices of salami, a burger patty (with mozzarella cheese), onion and top bun that was spread with more balsamic mayo.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
6 thoughts on “Antipasto Burger – so full of flavor!”
Yummy! Thank you for linking up at Embracing Home and Family! I hope you will join us again this Friday!
All I can say is YUMMY! Such a unique sandwich, with all my favorite flavors! I’d love for you to share on our weekly Creative Craft Linky Party https://creativelybeth.com/creative-crafts-linky-party-4-join-in-the-fun/
Have a great weekend!
Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party! I sure hope to see you at the new one tomorrow. Have a great afternoon.
This recipes looks delicious! Thank for sharing with us on the Homestead Blog Hop. Can’t wait to see more this Wednesday.