Who doesn’t love a good ol’ grilled cheese sandwich? But it doesn’t always fly as a full on dinner – so why not jazz it up a bit, maybe make it a little more grown up and add in some delicious flavors like pastrami and everything seasoning. This Blackstone Pastrami Melt is the perfect quick dinner (or lunch) is a classic comfort food that works great any day of the week.
I do not think I will ever make a grilled cheese again without adding everything seasoning to the butter on the outside. The flavor is amazing. You get that extra bit of toasting on the seeds and it just added that extra dimension – making the sandwich just that much better. So what is in everything seasoning? It most commonly has sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic, dried onion and coarse salt. Some brands also add in some dried parsley. You can make your own blend or find one of the many blends available. My favorite is this one by Flavor Mate. It has a good ratio of the different ingredients.
As I have said before, I am not sponsored by Blackstone Products in anyway – I am just a huge fan of my blackstone griddle. It was a surprise from my husband and kids for my birthday and I have been loving it ever since. The thing I love the most about it, is being able to make everyone’s meal ready at the same time and not having to do it in batches. Having said that – if you do not have a big flat top griddle, you can use a countertop griddle or a pan on the stove.
I served up these sandwiches with our favorite Salt & Black pepper kettle chips and a simple side salad. It was so super yum and a great summer time meal. I have made these sandwiches a few times since for quick lunches.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Blackstone Pastrami Melt
- 1 Griddle like a Blackstone
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1 tbsp Everything Seasoning
- 16 slices French Bread thick cut
- 16 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 16 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1½ lb Pastrami Deli Meat
- It is best to build all of your sandwiches before you start cooking them, as it doesn't take long for them to cook.
- Preheat griddle to medium heat.
- Combine softened butter with everything seasoning. Spread on one side of each piece of bread.
- Build each sandwich starting with bread (butter side out), 2 slices of cheddar cheese, 3-4 slices of pastrami, 2 slices of swiss cheese, and bread (butter side out). Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Line out sandwiches on griddle top. Cover with lid or dome and let cook for 5 minutes. Remove lid/dome and flip each sandwich. Cook another 5 minutes and remove from griddle.
Estelle Forrest’s self-published first cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight: A Family Cookbook – was created after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Estelle self-published a second cookbook – Burgers on a Weeknight – recently. It has over 60 delicious burger creations! You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!