Whether you are on the hunt for an easy breakfast, brunch or dinner recipe – you came to the right place. This Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit Bake is quick to put together and takes very little attention. It also keeps very well so you could make it ahead for a baby shower or potluck. With lots of bacon and cheese – you are going to want to keep these ingredients on hand to make this regularly.
We did, in fact, have this for dinner the other night. About twice a month we end up with an abundance of eggs from our backyard chickens (we have 10 chickens and 2 ducks!) and I have to come up with a recipe that uses more than a few – like a dozen! Bakes are great for this. You can mix in all sorts of things like veggies, cheeses, meats – sort of a fridge clean out option.
You will notice in the recipe that I separate this into two 8×8 baking dishes for cooking. This serves two purposes but the most important is for even cooking. Whenever you are baking something with lots of eggs in it, you want to give it a chance to cook through as evenly as you can. If you use a 13×9 baking dish, the outside edges will be done much sooner than the center of the dish.
It is important that you use the jumbo refrigerator biscuits. If you use the smaller ones (about 1.5 inch diameter) only cut in half not quarter. But the smaller ones also are not as thick and it will be a bit different on the texture. Also do not get the “flaky” variety for this, they just don’t cook up right. I like to get the Buttery ones (they have little bits of butter in the dough), for that added flavor. You can do buttermilk or regular ones, if you like. If you wanted to make this even easier – you can use bacon bits from the store instead of cooking it up yourself.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit Bake
- 2 8×8 Baking Dishes
- ½ lb Bacon cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 16 Jumbo Refrigerator Biscuits cut in quarters
- 1 lb Cheddar Chese cut into ½-inch cubes
- 12 Eggs
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350degF.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add bacon. Cook until crispy and remove to a paper towel covered plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, heavy cream and seasoning. Beat eggs until thoroughly combined. Add biscuit quarters, cheese and cooked bacon. Stir to evenly coat. Divide evenly into 2 baking dishes.
- Bake for 45 minutes (or until egg is fully cooked). Let sit for at least 5 minutes before cutting each dish into quarters and serve with extra parsley on top, if desired.
Estelle Forrest’s self-published first cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight: A Family Cookbook – was created after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Estelle self-published a second cookbook – Burgers on a Weeknight – recently. It has over 60 delicious burger creations! You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!