I often get my crazy burger creation ideas when I am eating other meals. This one is no exception. I was having a Weissewurst from a food truck at our county fair. It had a delicious sausage with ground pork, dill, and garlic along with a delicious stone ground mustard. Bavarian Burgers turned out to be a home run on a pretzel bun! You can check out this and over 60 other burger creations in my newest cookbook – Burgers on a Weeknight, now available for order.
If you have never tried a stone ground mustard, you have got to give it a try. Ingelhoeffer makes an incredible variety of Original Stone Ground Mustard. It is an unusual flavor but goes together so well with the ground pork and dill. The pretzel bun holds it all together to make you feel like you are walking a Bavarian Boulevard.
To go full Bavarian – I served this with my Warm Potato Salad and it was a match made in heaven. The classic burger and fries in a German light. The deliciousness of the potato salad comes from the no mayo, mustard sauce. Along with the bacon and scallions, it goes with much more than these burgers.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
- 8 Pretzel Buns
- 1 lb Bacon cut in half
- 1 cup Stone Ground Mustard
- 16 slices Dill Pickle Stackers
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese
- ½ Red Onion thinly sliced
For the Burgers
- 2 lb Ground Pork
- 1 cup Pork Rinds crushed
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dill
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- In a bowl, combine burger ingredient. Form into 8 four-inch patties. Cook for 7 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and place one slice of cheese on each patty.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add bacon. Cook until crispy and remove to paper towel covered plate.
- Build the Burger: Smear bottom bun with mustard and top with cheese burger. Lay 4 pieces of bacon on top, red onion slices and 3 pickle slices. Smear top bun with mustard and add to burger, push down slightly to hold together.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
10 thoughts on “Bavarian Burgers”
Looks yummy. Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 32. Pinned!
That sounds delicious!
This looks like a meal my husband would love! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party. Hope the rest of your week is amazing!
Thank you for sharing at My Big Fat Menopausal Life’s brand new party – Share the Wealth!! I hope your weekend is fabulous!! I love the flavors – just add a side of German Potato Salad!!
Exactly! I like the way you think
CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at my Unlimited Link Party 33!
Wow! Thank you so much