I love to use all different kinds of ground meat to make meatball dishes. This one has a Thai inspired flavor profile. It brings in lots of ginger and jalapeno spiciness without overwhelming. And the veggie-packed noodles will make sure your family is getting their daily count. Try Ginger Pork Meatballs w/ Veggie Noodles for dinner tonight!
This recipe does have a sort of long list of ingredients, but trust me it’s all worth it. If you want to save some time – or if you don’t have some of the ingredients for the sauce – you can also just use your favorite Sesame Ginger Dressing. You will use basically a whole bottle (split in half for the meatballs and noodles). You can also use this sauce for lots of other things – it makes a great dipping sauce for wontons, eggrolls, and spring rolls.
You could also add more or different veggies to the noodles. I like to use veggies that don’t need to be cooked to be tasty – they give the dish a great crunch. Just be sure to cut them into thin matchstick-sized pieces so that they don’t overpower the noodles (making it almost a salad). Some other veggies I would suggest are red or green cabbage, bean sprouts, cucumbers, radishes or diakon.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Ginger Pork Meatballs w/ Veggie Noodles
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped – for garnish
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds for garnish
For the Meatballs
- 2 lb Ground Pork
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Ginger grated
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Coco Aminos
For the Noodles
- 1½ lb Linguine
- ½ Red Onion halved and sliced
- ½ Carrots matchsticks
- 5 Sweet Bell Peppers matchsticks
For the Sauce
- ½ cup Coco Aminos
- ½ cup Avocado Oil
- ⅓ cup Sriracha
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger grated
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400 deg. Start water boiling for noodles.
- In a bowl, combine ingredients for sauce. Put in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients for meatballs. Form into 1 inch meatballs and line up on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Place in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately place in a bowl with half of the sauce. Toss until well coated.
- Add noodles to boiling water. Cook as directed on package. Drain in colander and rinse with cool water to arrest cooking process. Return to pot and add in onions, sweet peppers, carrots and remainder of sauce. Toss until well coated.
- In a shallow bowl, place a portion of Veggie Noodles. Then line up 4-6 meatballs on one edge of the plate, drizzle extra sauce over top. Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
8 thoughts on “Ginger Pork Meatballs w/ Veggie Noodles”
I love ginger and can imagine the lime in here makes for an amazing combination. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I’m visiting today from the Happy Now link up. Have a great week Estelle!
Looks so yummy, pinned.
The meatballs sound delicious and easy to fix!
I just love ginger and foods with spices like that! Thank you for sharing at Embracing Home and Family link party!
Oh my these look and sound so good! Pinned! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party!! Hope your week is going great.
Congratulations, your post has been featured on Full Plate Thursday,510 this week, and we have pinned your post to our Full Plate Thursday Features Board. Thanks so much for sharing with us and you have a great week!
I love the Asian flavours in these meatballs! Thank you so much for stopping in to share with us, over at You’re the Star!