Soups are so much fun to make. You can literally clear out your fridge and make something simple and delicious. It is also super easy to get a ton of flavor in under 30 minutes like this really easy to make Corn Soup. I know most people save soups for the colder months – but I like soup all year round. There is just something about a homemade soup that makes me feel comfy and cozy.
The secret to making this soup creamy but still have chunks of corn is the all-magical immersion blender! By blitzing roughly half of the soup into a creamy consistency and then adding it back you get the best of both worlds – creaminess and bite. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can totally use a blender – just be sure you don’t put a full lid on the hot liquid when you blitz it – it an make a hot mess in your kitchen! The yummy flavors of the leeks and scallions add a depth of flavor that you are going to love so much. And then there is the miso! Miso gives off this silky sweet flavor that highlights the sweetness of the corn and the dryness of the white wine.
The garnish on this soup is also important – not just for looks. The thinly sliced radishes not only add a beautiful color to the soup, but it gives it a fresh, crispness as well as a touch of the peppery flavors radishes are known for.
This simple soup would go beautifully with my Bourbon Apricot Chicken (get the recipe here!) – yes it’s as good as it sounds! You could also have it on it’s own or serve it with a hearty green salad for a little Soup, Salad and Breadsticks combo!
- Immersion Blender
- 3 15 oz cans Sweet Corn drained
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 Leeks thinly chopped
- 4 Scallions thinly chopped (some reserved for garnish)
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 ½ qt Broth chicken or vegetable
- 1 tsp Thyme
- ¼ cup White Miso
- ¼ cup White Wine
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 2 Radishes thinly sliced (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp Parsley for garnish
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add leeks, garlic and scallions. Cook for 2 minutes then add wine and cook another 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add broth, thyme, bay leaf salt and pepper, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add corn to pot and let cook for another 5 minutes. Remove 3 cups of soup to bowl and add miso. Using an immersion blender, blitz until creamy. Return to pot, stir to combine, add cheese and cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve in a shallow bowl and top with radish slices, parsley and reserved scallions.