Not everything named Breakfast has to be served at breakfast time. We have breakfast for lunch or dinner quite frequently. These Quick Breakfast Wraps are perfect for any meal of the day, super easy to make and a great on the go recipe. They are also really great for camping or to make ahead.
When I say quick, I mean quick. If you can multi task, you can probably get it done in under fifteen minutes, definitely if you get some helping hands. These wraps are super simple but I promise they are very tasty. You can jazz them up by using different types of ground sausage, or changing up the cheese. Some times we add in a dollop of sour cream, if we happen to have any on hand. Once I even made them with some spinach tortillas (the green ones) – that was tasty for sure.
With just 6 ingredients, you can make this hearty recipe any day, any time, on any budget. As I mentioned, these are really good for camping. Whether you are going to make them at the campsite or make them ahead of time, they can be a great energy boost to get your day going or round out a fun filled day. They are super easy to make in the cast-iron skillet over an open flame (we make them for every camping trip we go on!)
These also make a great afterschool snack – my kids used to love them. I would make two dozen of them, wrap each in plastic wrap and store them in a zippered freezer bag. They would get home from school, unwrap them from the plastic, wrap it in a paper towel and microwave it for 45 seconds. If you are making ahead for eating later in the same day, wrap them in foil right as you make them. This helps the cheese to melt up a little more.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Quick Breakfast Wraps
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 6 Large Eggs
- 3 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 6 Large Tortillas
- Add eggs, salt and pepper to a bowl and thoroughly whisk.
- In a frying pan over medium high heat, add sausage. Cook and crumble until no pink is seen. Add beaten eggs and continue to stir until eggs are almost set. Add two cups of cheese to pan. Stir into mixture and remove from heat.
- Put a portion of cheese in center of tortilla. Top with a portion of egg and sausage mixture. Fold in sides of tortilla then roll up into a wrap.
- NOTE – If making ahead, wrap them up in aluminum foil right away. If planning to freeze for later, wrap in plastic wrap and then store in zippered freezer bag.
Estelle Forrest’s self-published first cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight: A Family Cookbook – was created after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Estelle self-published a second cookbook – Burgers on a Weeknight – recently. It has over 60 delicious burger creations! You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!