One of the best ways to get people – especially kids! – to eat their veggies is to mix them into a beautiful, bright pasta salad with a tasty dressing. This super simple Honey Lime Pasta Salad is that little something different that will have the family and friends excited you brought it out to the table.
What I love most about this salad is how colorful it is! You get even more colors when you use the mini sweet peppers that come in a bag filled with all different shades of yellows, oranges, and reds. All with the purple of the onion, the green of the parsley, and the bright yellow of corn – you are really eating the rainbow. And the old saying really is true – we eat with our eyes first! So with a dish this pretty you really can’t go wrong.
The Honey Lime Vinaigrette works so well in this pasta salad. But you can use it for other things too. I originally come up with it for a chicken burrito bowl (grilled chicken, brown rice, black beans, lettuce, tomato, and avocado). You could also use it on a Southwest-style salad, on tacos, in a wrap. It has such a nice bright flavor to it, you are gonna want to put it on everything.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Honey Lime Pasta Salad
- 1 lb Short Pasta farfalle, rotini, penne, etc.
- 5 Sweet Bell Peppers chopped
- ½ Red Onion chopped
- 1 15oz can Sweet Corn drained
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 cup Honey Lime Vinaigrette see recipe below
- Start water boiling for Pasta while preparring all the ingredients.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 1 minute less than time directed on package. Drain in colander and rinse with cold water.
- Combine cooled pasta with remaining ingredients in a bowl. Toss well to coat. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving (up to 3 days, covered).
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Pint Mason Jar w/ Lid & Ring
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Lime zest & juice
- ¼ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Onion
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley
- ½ cup Avocado Oil
- Prepare all of the ingedinents.
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar and secure with lid. Shake, shake, shake until all combined.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to use – up to 7 days.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
5 thoughts on “Honey Lime Pasta Salad #summersalads”
This is so pretty!! Thanks for linking up to Meal Plan Monday this week!
Ohmygosh, this sounds delish! Pinned, and thank you for sharing!
Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party last week (I’m running a little late). Hope we see you there again this week!
Yum! I love pasta salads and this looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm–pinned!