One of the best ways to get people – especially kids! – to eat their veggies is to mix them into a beautiful, bright pasta salad with a tasty dressing. This super simple Honey Lime Pasta Salad is that little something different that will have the family and friends excited you brought it out to the table.
What I love most about this salad is how colorful it is! You get even more colors when you use the mini sweet peppers that come in a bag filled with all different shades of yellows, oranges, and reds. All with the purple of the onion, the green of the parsley, and the bright yellow of corn – you are really eating the rainbow. And the old saying really is true – we eat with our eyes first! So with a dish this pretty you really can’t go wrong.
The Honey Lime Vinaigrette works so well in this pasta salad. But you can use it for other things too. I originally come up with it for a chicken burrito bowl (grilled chicken, brown rice, black beans, lettuce, tomato, and avocado). You could also use it on a Southwest-style salad, on tacos, in a wrap. It has such a nice bright flavor to it, you are gonna want to put it on everything.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Honey Lime Pasta Salad
- 1 lb Short Pasta farfalle, rotini, penne, etc.
- 5 Sweet Bell Peppers chopped
- ½ Red Onion chopped
- 1 15oz can Sweet Corn drained
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 cup Honey Lime Vinaigrette see recipe below
- Start water boiling for Pasta while preparring all the ingredients.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 1 minute less than time directed on package. Drain in colander and rinse with cold water.
- Combine cooled pasta with remaining ingredients in a bowl. Toss well to coat. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving (up to 3 days, covered).
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Pint Mason Jar w/ Lid & Ring
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Lime zest & juice
- ¼ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Onion
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley
- ½ cup Avocado Oil
- Prepare all of the ingedinents.
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar and secure with lid. Shake, shake, shake until all combined.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to use – up to 7 days.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!