Turkey Club Wraps are great for those days that you have very little time to make dinner – maybe you have to get to a ball field right after work or you want to get some lake time in before the sun goes down. It is also an excellent recipe for those times when you forgot to take something out for dinner! You can also make this one ahead of time and just store them for later (just don’t cut them in half until you are ready to serve them up.)
Homemade on a Weeknight does not mean that you have to cook every night – sometimes it means pulling together a great variety of ingredients to make a delicious meal. The assembly of these wraps is the real key to success! Over the years I have made tons of wraps (I worked my way through College at a sandwich counter!) and I have learned some tricks! The biggest one so many people miss is putting a little smear of cream cheese on the outer edge of the tortilla. This makes a nice little seal for the tortilla flap when you roll it up!
You can use the basic concept of these wraps to make a vast variety of wraps with whatever you have on hand – they don’t have to be Turkey Club Wraps every time. The cream cheese and the combo of veggies and meat are the essentials – after that you can go wild with ingredients. Some great things to try are Chicken Strips, Alfalfa Sprouts, Ham, Cucumbers, Bell Peppers, Ranch Dressing, Grilled Chicken, Avocado, Romaine Lettuce, Carrots, Steak strips…the list goes on and on. They also make a great meal to use of leftovers.
I think this dish will definitely be a great addition to your weekly menu rotation. If you like this recipe and want to get more like it, you can purchase the Homemade on a Weeknight Cookbook in Paperback or Kindle (eBook) versions through Amazon.
Turkey Club Wrap
- 1 lb Bacon cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ lb Sliced Turkey
- 2 Tomatoes sliced & halved
- ½ Red Onion sliced
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- ½ cup Italian Dressing
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 8 Tortillas Burrito Sized
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove from pan to paper towel covered plate and let cool.
- Place smear of cream cheese in center of tortilla and on one edge. Layer on spinach, onions and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing then sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Top with turkey and bacon. Fold over sides of tortilla and then roll up. Cut in half and serve. (Watch video above)
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!