Cold fall nights need warm bowls of soup to shake the chill from your bones. A big bowl of this Spicy Corn Chowder will do just that for you!. Adding leeks and potatoes to the pot help to make it a more substantial chowder. This lends it to a perfect Meatless Monday dish.
My family didn’t even realize they didn’t get meat for dinner until I told them afterwards. Sometimes when I try to sneak a meatless meal passed them – they are all hungry after. But this go around – they were all full and happy with their dinner. If you want to try some other dishes for #MeatlessMonday – check out these posts – #MeatlessMonday.
Of course you could also add some grilled chicken on the side or maybe serve it with some bacon or ham thrown in the mix too! I served it with some Keto Cheddar Biscuits (which is basically eggs and cheese). You could go for a soup and salad night and serve it with a nice green salad.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Spicy Corn Chowder
- 3 15 oz cans Sweet Corn drained
- 2 Leeks thinly sliced
- 3 Russet Potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 qt Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 4 oz can Jalapenos diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat, add oil, leeks and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes then add salt, pepper, potatoes and corn. Cook, while stirring for 3 minutes. Then add jalapenos and chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove half of chowder to a bowl and blitz with an immersion blender. Return to pot and mix well.
- In a small cup, melt butter in microwave (about 30 seconds) then mix in flour with a fork until creamy. Add slurry to pot and mix well. Let cook for 2 minutes then add in heavy cream and continue to stir as you add cheese by the handful. Continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve in a shallow bowl and garnish with parsley.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!