Beer Braised Pork & Sweet Potatoes
A hearty fall dish bursting with flavors of sweet potatoes, carrots, thyme, lager and pork!
- 3 lb Pork Tenderloin
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes peeled, cut into ½inch cubes
- 2 Large Carrots cut into ½inch cubes
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 tbsp Pickled Mustard Seeds see recipe below, if needed
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Dried Minced Onion
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 24 oz Lager Beer
- 1 cup Beef Broth more if needed
Place pork tenderloins in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add sweet potatoes, carrots, garlic, and mustard seeds.
Sprinkle with thyme, dried onion, salt and Worcestershire Sauce. Add in Lager and beef broth. If the contents are not completely covered add additional beef broth until fully submerged.
Secure lid and cook on high for 4 hours.
Remove pork from crock and let rest on cutting board for at least 5 minutes before slicing into medallions.
Use a slotted spoon to remove potatoes and carrots and add to plate. Place a few slices of pork on top and drizzle with some juice from the crock.