This creamy corn soup is so full of flavor you could eat it all on it's own, if you wanted.
- 3 15 oz cans Sweet Corn drained
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 Leeks thinly chopped
- 4 Scallions thinly chopped (some reserved for garnish)
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 ½ qt Broth chicken or vegetable
- 1 tsp Thyme
- ¼ cup White Miso
- ¼ cup White Wine
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 2 Radishes thinly sliced (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp Parsley for garnish
Prepare all of the ingredients.
In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add leeks, garlic and scallions. Cook for 2 minutes then add wine and cook another 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add broth, thyme, bay leaf salt and pepper, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Add corn to pot and let cook for another 5 minutes. Remove 3 cups of soup to bowl and add miso. Using an immersion blender, blitz until creamy. Return to pot, stir to combine, add cheese and cook another 5 minutes.
Serve in a shallow bowl and top with radish slices, parsley and reserved scallions.
Calories: 250kcalCarbohydrates: 30.2gProtein: 10gFat: 10.9gSaturated Fat: 5.6gCholesterol: 20mgPotassium: 490mgFiber: 3.7gSugar: 6.2gCalcium: 61mgIron: 3mg